Request Aircraft Here!

Hi All
My dreamlist;
English Electric Lightning
Mosquito( The WW2 Twin one)
C130 in RAF colours

Thanks to all of you clever people out there who provide these models for us not so clever lurkers.
Cheers
FB

NASA HiMAT

Back when I worked at NASA, I was working on the HiMAT program. A future fighter UAV. Might someone be able to design one for G3.5?

Last edited:
Flyin C said:
ok guys, I have two planes that are very popular and that I and many other people would love to fly... The Parkzone Typhoon 2
PKZ4300-350.jpg

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_parkzone_typhoon2_3d_rtf.htm

and the Superfly...
superfly259.gif

http://www.superflyrc.com/

P.S. If you need any info on the superfly, you can talk to Rc groups site sponsors of superfly... PM me if you cant find them

I am in almost done with a Typhoon 3d Sorry it's not the Typhoon 3d 2, after I am done with this one mabey I will update to a 2...

Attachments

• sample 1.jpg
    sample 1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 19
Keylitho said:
I am in almost done with a Typhoon 3d Sorry it's not the Typhoon 3d 2, after I am done with this one mabey I will update to a 2...

Erik you are my hero!!! I have a 'phoon. Thank you very much!!! I look forward to flying it. :)

Well Here ya go

Give it a test run for me to see if the Physics are close, all I need to do is finish texturing the thing..

Attachments

• Typhoon 3D_EA.G3X
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
lruacho said:
Back when I worked at NASA, I was working on the HiMAT program. A future fighter UAV. Might someone be able to design one for G3.5?
This would be a sharp one. I did a google on this thing. Add pics next time this thing is a looker :D

Attachments

• 110536main_HiMAT_3-view.jpg
    110536main_HiMAT_3-view.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 110538main_HiMAT_flight.jpg
    110538main_HiMAT_flight.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 26
  • EC79-12055.jpg
    EC79-12055.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Keylitho said:
Well Here ya go

Give it a test run for me to see if the Physics are close, all I need to do is finish texturing the thing..

This plane flys great!!! My 'phoon is a lil sluggish as I am still using the 10.8v NiMH. I know r1derbike flies his with the lipo. He can probably give you a lil more insight on the physics than I can. I did however change my prop over to the 12 x 8.75, it's a lil better for those crazy loop-de-loop things. (just my preference) This is a great plane!!! 2 thumbs up!!!

wish list

I would really love to have a chinook heli dual rotor, a Lockheed U-2 spyplane, scale attack helis..ie Bell Cobra, russian Mil Hind. Ok thats enough 4 now Thanx. :rolleyes:

biggboyzztoyzz said:
I would really love to have a chinook heli dual rotor, a Lockheed U-2 spyplane, scale attack helis..ie Bell Cobra, russian Mil Hind. Ok thats enough 4 now Thanx. :rolleyes:
I've been messing around with the physics for a CH-46, but could never get it to fly right.

Re: Typhoon 3D

Having flown this plane various times I would suggest these slight changes to the physics.

- Drop the "Mass Scaling Factor" to somewhere between 50% and 60%

- Increase the Aileron throws to 30%

- Move the C.G. BACK one inch more than where it is.

Do this and the thing is PERFECT!

It's just as responsive as the real thing... and feels right on the money.

Excellent work!

Me like big time!

Well I am not sure about the scaling from 3ds to Realflight, I drew this thing dead on to all of the specs and your right The thing says it should be smaller according to the numbers. But if you scale it down right It just seem's way to small so I trusted 3ds and just left it the same...

The wing roots, the cowl, the tail gear, the spokes of the wheel, simply awesome...

Were you at the poly limits on this?

---

BTW: Make the above changes and you can drop the horizontal stab incidence to -.20.

That will in turn give it better axial roll performance.

The thing is indistinquishable from the real thing. :)

Mabey I will change the thing up a little..

This plane has about 10,200 poly's (that's including the coll meshes.)

Thanks for the praise by the way, I actually made this thing in about 8-10 hours.
and spent about 4 hours texturing + mapping.

opjose said:
Re: Typhoon 3D

Having flown this plane various times I would suggest these slight changes to the physics.

- Drop the "Mass Scaling Factor" to somewhere between 50% and 60%

- Increase the Aileron throws to 30%

- Move the C.G. BACK one inch more than where it is.

Do this and the thing is PERFECT!

It's just as responsive as the real thing... and feels right on the money.

Excellent work!

Me like big time!

Are you going to post those changes?

PS: I LOVE THE TYPHOON!! GREAT JOB :D :D

PBY Catalina

Hey all,

I know all of the creators are probably busy with other projects but I was wondering if anybody was up to designing a PBY Catalina? Does'nt have to be right now. It looks to be fairly complicated as far as the gear, etc is concerned?

I'm kind of surprized that this did not come out with Exp #3 being that they just came out with one: http://www.electrifly.com/largeelectrics/gpma1154.html

There are some great pics at this site: http://www.superthree.com/images/cayman/1.htm

I can get alot more info in needed, just thought I'd ask.

Can pm me if needed.

Cheers.

Attachments

• cockpit_high_angle.jpg
    cockpit_high_angle.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
  • lrear_high_angle.jpg
    lrear_high_angle.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 5
  • lside_high_angle.jpg
    lside_high_angle.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 9