Request Aircraft here

Do you know how to use the discus launch? The fling II is set to bungee and when I switch it to Discus nothing changes.

Boof69 said:
Do you know how to use the discus launch? The fling II is set to bungee and when I switch it to Discus nothing changes.

Switch around to some different airports.

Stone creek from Exp 3 was the second one I tried, some airports don't let me do it either.

Strange, only a couple stock photo-fields work and not all of the 3D fields?
Lake Douglas just worked for me.

KE? Seems this feature would work on all fields?

Last edited:
Monocopter

I have just seen these for the first time, and I'm wondering if it would even be possible to introduce these into RealFlight. I'm referring to a Monocopter, which is basically a balanced 2-blade propellor, with a wing on one side and a small propellor (ducted or not) balancing the other side. The design is based on a maple seed. These are launched from a central post, as they produce a significant amount of force which is only stabilized when the monocopter reaches sufficient speed to equalize the forces between sides.

The modeling itself might not be particularly difficult, but it seems like the physics of this would be incredibly challenging, if it is even possible. I've attached pics and links to a site that makes these, as well as video from Lockheed Martin developing a military application of this aircraft. If this is even possible in Realflight, I think it would be something different and exciting to fly, as well as create!

Hopefully someone is intrigued by this!

A simple monocopter model:
dragonfly.jpg

Image from the 1914 patent:
Monocopter.png

Art Applewhite monocopter kits:

http://www.artapplewhite.com/monocopters.html#whirlwind

Lockheed Martin's "Samurai" Monocopter:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=91e_1290453182

Last edited:
A boeing 737 would be great. This plane would have a ton of CS possibilities.

Attachments

• boeing_737_300-05336.jpg
    boeing_737_300-05336.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi new here, and have a few idea's?

Hello all, I've enjoyed all of your hard work, and maybe in the furture I'll tackle learning how to make some too. I've looked around and maybe these have been sugested before, but maybe not! So here goes.

Sikorsky 300-PX
Henschel HS P75
Kalinin K-7
NASA AD-1
X-48B
X-29
Mig-21
Any kind of Indoor Ultra Micro Experimental Foamie.

This request thread requires that you provide 3 views and reference images. Also research the swaps yourself to see if these models already exist. If so no need to request them. These models are made for free like a favor. So do all the leg work and your request may be filled.

I want a pony, and a drum set, and a fire truck, and a choo choo train, and some marbles, and a bicycle, and a Slinky, and a radio, and a scooter, and a swing set, and some coloring books, and some crayons, and a goldfish...

Spending 50-200 hours Creating a new RF model .........................free

Spending 3- 60 hours Creating a Quality CS ............free

Spending 1 - 12 hours doing the physics......................................free

Spending only 10 min. - 1 hour Doing a little of the leg work your self
for a model that YOU want , and will get for free ...................Priceless

;)

Last edited:
How to request 101

Hey Guys, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate it if somebody more experienced than I could build the BDJ5 for me. What makes this model interesting to me is it's super small size, agility, and it was featured in a James Bond film "Octo*****". (The last part of this word is censored)
I'd be more than willing to provide as much information as possible on the project and find any pictures needed for the build.
I also would provide my email for ease of communication and would check in on the build thread often in-case I'm needed.

To start out I have some images that may pique your interest.
Also I have a link to a build thread for an RL RC version.
http://sven.rc-madmen.com/?tag=bd5j

Hope to have this one in the sim someday Thanks,Boof69

Attachments

• bede-bd-5j.gif
    bede-bd-5j.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 1033034.jpg
    1033034.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 37
  • bd5j-1.jpg
    bd5j-1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 30
  • bd5-001.jpg
    bd5-001.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Windrider BD5J.jpg
    Windrider BD5J.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Boof69 said:
How to request 101

Hey Guys, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate it if somebody more experienced than I could build the BDJ5 for me. What makes this model interesting to me is it's super small size, agility, and it was featured in a James Bond film "Octo*****". (The last part of this word is censored)
I'd be more than willing to provide as much information as possible on the project and find any pictures needed for the build.
I also would provide my email for ease of communication and would check in on the build thread often in-case I'm needed.

To start out I have some images that may peak your interest.
Also I have a link to a build thread for an RL RC version.
http://sven.rc-madmen.com/?tag=bd5j

Hope to have this one in the sim someday Thanks,Boof69

More likely to get this:

Nice plane. Ill pick it up as soon as I finish my current build. ;)

Back