Request AP Objects Here

brields said:
Save the object to a scenery folder, and load the folder in your newest version of realflight.

Eh no.

That doesn't work at all.

Saving a scenery folder "object" does not actually save ANY 3D objects.

It merely stores a LISTING of what is used, and their positions to a text file.

Since the same airport tarmac does not exist in the later versions, all he will get is a "missing object" message if he tries this.

So now that RF6 has a grappling hook, I figured out how to use it as an
arrestor hook for carrier landings. The problem is, there's no dynamic carrier catch cables, so I had to resort to using many very small, very over weight steel gates.

Planet circle ? .....you mean like Saturn ?

I dont model................. I just use my Crayons and color them tween the lines

There are several different scalable moon and planets objects already in RF ...........But I cant remember if Saturn is one of them

Version of FE2b to be used as airport object. Unfortunately it is very large. You will need to remove the .rfx extension to get at the zip file.

Attachments

• FE2bAirportObj.zip.rfx
    20.9 MB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1345635464.jpg
    ScreenShot1345635464.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Version of FE2b to be used as airport object. Unfortunately it is very large. You will need to remove the .rfx extension to get at the zip file.

Madratter, It has been done and you are the first in a slow project.

Proving once again it can be done if you want it bad enough.

Thank you, Wes

Last edited:
I was wondering if you or someone could help me get an airport object I made in Wings 3D into RF. I modeled and UV Mapped already. If there is any more info needed I can help. I can not get set-up needed to convert into RF.

Attachments

• NellisHangersII.jpg
    NellisHangersII.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 5
  • NellisHangersIIpic.bmp
    388.2 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 8
Post the Wings file, and the .tga. I'll do it for you.

I have attached the Wings file as a zip, and the tga file as a png file. I hope this works for you , if not can try another way. I appreciate your help with this as I would like to see this in RF and add it to my airport and be done with it.

Last edited:
I don't see any attachments. Just put both files in the same .zip folder. If it won't be accepted, then add a .rfx after the .zip.

I don't see any attachments. Just put both files in the same .zip folder. If it won't be accepted, then add a .rfx after the .zip.

Here is the zip folder with both files, was up later than I should have been last night.

Attachments

• ApronHangers.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 10
HH, your .tga file does not represent what's mapped. Are you sure you posted the correct files?hing is wrong.

HH, your .tga file does not represent what's mapped. Are you sure you posted the correct files?hing is wrong.

I started all over and remade hangers. The first zip file MultiHangers cotains 3ds file and tga. The second zip contains two other files, but don't know what they are, useful or not. I hope this works. Thanks again.

Attachments

• MultiHangers.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 10
  • #MultiHangers.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 8
Your first .zip file contains a Wings file. It is not mapped. The files in your second .zip files are backup files. The one with a # in it appears to be what your goal is. It is mapped, and it matches your .tga from your first .zip. It is usable. The file with the ~ in it is a worki in progress where you weren't finished. I'll get this together for you today after work.

The left part of the hangar (as you look at the doors side) has double polies. That'll need to be cleaned up, and make sure what remains is mapped properly.

Back