Resource Library

I hope I can ask this here. How do make gear cause more drag, and not just weight? Or anything for that matter.
Don't know about designing drag into the physics of the plane, but I have changed the drag in the RF editor using the "Wheel" option "Frontal Drag Factor %". You can go from zero to 1000%.

Oh … posted too late, Boof69 covered it well.

I hope I can ask this here. How do make gear cause more drag, and not just weight? Or anything for that matter.
I started this thread for any tips to be shared be it modeling, CS, or physics. So feel free to share or ask things of that nature.

Hi you all!
I'm totally new at creating airplanes for realflight. Sould I really use kemax toolkit as plugin of 3Dsmax (maybe I read it is not the only way, but I cant remember exactly)? does Kemax toolkit - rf7 works only with 3dsmax 2012 or also with newer releases?

What version of RF are you wanting to model for? If 8 or 9 you don’t need the kex exporter. Each exporter is designed for a specific version of Max. The last exporter only works with Max 12 and isn’t available anymore.

Thank you for your answer, please keep on suggesting me the right path!
I have RF 7.5 but I'm going to buy RF 9. I would say i'm wanting to model for RF9.
tell me if I correctly understood:
Kemax is the exporter and it SHOULD be used as 3Dsmax plugin?
Newest Kemax works ONLY with 3Dsmax 2012 and it can't be used with newer 3Dsmax release?
I don't need any Kemax for RF8 and RF9 planes?
Where can I find any suggestion, workflow diagram, software or whatever needed to build a RF9 plane?
thank you.

I'm pretty keen on CAD softwares (Catia, Cimatron, Rhinoceros), also pretty keen on modeling planes on such kind of CAD (nurbs softwares), this is colose to my job. I design, mill the plugs, build the moulds and biuld my composite planes. again this is very close to my job. also (have a look at my company FB page "modelleriabrussolo"). I WAS keeen on 3DS (about 30 years ago...). What I miss is how to go from 3DS to RF, just a workflow with the main steps, few words.
can U explain me?

I'm pretty keen on CAD softwares (Catia, Cimatron, Rhinoceros), also pretty keen on modeling planes on such kind of CAD (nurbs softwares), this is colose to my job. I design, mill the plugs, build the moulds and biuld my composite planes. again this is very close to my job. also (have a look at my company FB page "modelleriabrussolo"). I WAS keeen on 3DS (about 30 years ago...). What I miss is how to go from 3DS to RF, just a workflow with the main steps, few words.
can U explain me?
Important note: Realflight has a polygon (Triangle) limit of 130,000. Nurb modeling tends to output too high a poly count so you will want to box model or edge copy model for a controlled approach.

Quick mapping technique.

Attachments

• QuickMapping_01.png
    QuickMapping_01.png
    463 KB · Views: 15
  • QuickMapping_02.png
    QuickMapping_02.png
    468.1 KB · Views: 15
  • QuickMapping_03.png
    QuickMapping_03.png
    471.4 KB · Views: 14
  • QuickMapping_04.png