116.6 KB · Views: 35
  • render4.jpg
    render4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
  • render5.jpg
    render5.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Here are some renders of the small amount I've gotten done today. If I can get the rest of the night on this I can get at least the the top of the main rotor done. Polys are at 11,019

I notice the spring on the one part. I'm wondering how you did that and how many polygons it is taking up. It looks terrific.

Thanks guys. The spring is a dynamic object and it has many controls to set spring diameter, wire diameter, turns, and height . You can find it in the drop down box above the default objects. Once you create the spring and set the turns and height and stuff convert it to a poly. I think the polys are about 40ish. Ill let you know the exact amount when I get home. Whoa! I was way off. the spring cost me 128 polys and that's after the caps are deleted. The pics below explain better where to find the spring.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi Boof69

I have build it a long time ago, but i have never upload it.

Here the CS for it.

Thanks Nizz but as you may know your CS may not work for my model as allot of the parts are made by eye. So I guess I'm not the first to do this one.;)

Thanks guys. The spring is a dynamic object and it has many controls to set spring diameter, wire diameter, turns, and height . You can find it in the drop down box above the default objects. Once you create the spring and set the turns and height and stuff convert it to a poly. I think the polystyrene are about 40ish. Ill let you know the exact amount when I get home. Whoa! I was way off. the spring cost me 128 polys and that's after the caps are deleted. The pics below explain better where to find the spring.

Thanks Boof. I had no idea a spring object was available.

Thank you. So is Kyle Stacey just a screen name or you the real guy?
So the entire power train is finished. I still need to finish the electronics and wires,coll mesh, blur discs. Here are some renders. Polys are at 15,618

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 36
Thank you. So is Kyle Stacey just a screen name or you the real guy?
So the entire power train is finished. I still need to finish the electronics and wires,coll mesh, blur discs. Here are some renders. Polys are at 15,618

Real Kyle Stacy :)

Thanks for confirming, Matt. I'm not sure I'd take the word of the "boy of a thousand identities" alone.

Back