Second Build

Which one(s)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uncle Twist.....Can you imagine the sound of 10 or 12 Spitfires flying past at about 3 or 4 hundred feet above? Sweeeeeet!!!
The closest I`ve come to that is about half a dozen P-51`s at the local airshow, here in Sonoma Co. Cal. it WAS sweet. Of coarse the ride my wife bought for me in a P-51 was a little sweeter. It was a single seat P-51 with the gas tank removed from behind the pilots seat and replaced with a seat, it was a little cramped, but not bad at all.
From the starting of the engine and watching that huge prop, taxiing, loops & rolls during the flight and landing, what a thrill. It was a week or two before that big grin came off my face.. :D. If you Google Dan Vance/ mustang or "Speedball Alice" /mustang / images, you should get a hit, for pics of the plane.

Uncle Twist.....Can you imagine the sound of 10 or 12 Spitfires flying past at about 3 or 4 hundred feet above? Sweeeeeet!!!

How about a squadron of lancasters flying over The UK near sundown on there way to Germany during WWII.

Heck, I`ll run outside when I hear a Merlin coming,(at least a dozen times a year +/-) there sound is so unique, I know I`ll get to see Mustang. If I Was in Germany and heard that many coming, I`d run for cover..:eek:

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here....
su-100.gif

1_1.jpg

For the fans of the AN-225, I could build the replicated object graphics (nacelles, fans, landing gears, etc.) as propellers since Real flight "appears" to supports multiple imports of propellers and engines. :rolleyes::D:D The wheels are a little iffy but may work as well. Ultra HD go.

Take a look at the Avro Shackleton if you have not already. It is a more advanced Lancaster with contra-rotating props to allow for a wider fuselage. This was the first british bomber to ever have contra-rotating propellers. A wider fuselage allows the plane to fit depth charges and be more useful for maritime anti submarine duties. It used four Rolls-Royce Griffon in-line liquid cooled engines. It was a rival of the soviet bear you made and outlived it due to the collapse of the Soviet Union. Here is a great documentary from BBC 2 about the Shackleton. It's about 30 minutes long for anyone who is interested. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=elENLa01XHA There is also some geat stuff about the Lancaster's development in there too.

Attachments

• 8402104607_c731908790.jpg
    8402104607_c731908790.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 494736.jpg
    494736.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 3
  • A1mHzXE7ZSL.jpg
    A1mHzXE7ZSL.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Take a look at the Avro Shackleton if you have not already. It is a more advanced Lancaster with contra-rotating props to allow for a wider fuselage. This was the first british bomber to ever have contra-rotating propellers. A wider fuselage allows the plane to fit depth charges and be more useful for maritime anti submarine duties. It used four Rolls-Royce Griffon in-line liquid cooled engines. It was a rival of the soviet bear you made and outlived it due to the collapse of the Soviet Union. Here is a great documentary from BBC 2 about the Shackleton. It's about 30 minutes long for anyone who is interested. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=elENLa01XHA There is also some geat stuff about the Lancaster's development in there too.

I'd take a Shackleton.

The MiG would be a great addition to the Tu-95 if made in the same scale, and the An-225...

Last edited:

I have seen the Avro Shackleton before but I figured it would not be as "wanted" as the Lancaster. Plus I have a better merlin engine sound than griffon.

You're definitely right here. A Lancaster would be a better addition. It wouldn't make sense to do a Shackleton before a Lancaster has been made. Also I don't think rf can handle all of the contra-rotating props.

When I load the Tu-95, the left outermost props do not appear. I see no motion blur, nothing. And I know they're there, they just are invisible unless seen from the exact side or if the props stop. You don't have this issue?

Last edited:
When I load the Tu-95, the left outermost props do not appear. I see no motion blur, nothing. And I know they're there, they just are invisible unless seen from the exact side or if the props stop. You don't have this issue?

Not all the time, in fact I see them normally more often than not and it's only one blur disk.

Back