SIG Rascal

Seasick007

Would someone please make a true to life SIG rascal 40 and Giant sized, with and without floats? Disabled UAV pilot would greatly appreciate.

other fun projects I'd like to see;
Scan Eagle UAV

I'd be willing to do it (40 sized), if someone can provide the 3-views and specs. I do have a Rascal 40 that I could get some smaller details from.
I'd love to help, but I don't have a Rascal. I only have a ruler and a scale.

I'd love to help, but I don't have a Rascal. I only have a ruler and a scale.

Looking back, I see junkboy had one started (actually very far along) is he still around, or was that finished? I assume if not, he wouldn't mind if another was created?

I'd be more than willing to get all the pics, layout, etc. from my own plane. I just thought I would open it up for others to help. There are several people on this forum that work magic when it comes to locating information and pictures.

I think this would be a fairly simple model for me to "jump" back into. It doesn't have too many details that I would get lost / OCD on and never finish.

Who's in to help?

Edit: Obviously it woudl be a G4.5 upload, and someone else could do the G6 physics

Here is a build thread that has some decent pictures: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=895#photo shoot

I'll see what else I can come up with.

Thanks, I did a quick scroll through and there appears to be some nice detail shots during the construction. Lets gather information / pics for a day or two. My wife works and I have a meeting tomorrow night, but the next day or so I could pull the plane down from storage (that plane doesn't get flown much anymore) and get any missing details not readily visible in pics that we find. If no good drawings or photos for the "outline" are found, I could try and take some for that purpose as well.

What would the preferred power plant be? Glow, electric?

What would the preferred power plant be? Glow, electric?

Four stroke glow turns my crank. :D

I have a ton of photos from when I constructed my Rascal Forty ARF, if any of those will help.

Norton, is that the View from the manual? I still have my manual some where and I could not remember if it had a 3-view or just that for color scheme adaptations.

orig.jpg

Four stroke glow turns my crank. :D
Well that's two of us. Besides gas (which I typically fly) I prefer 4-stroke glow on my smaller planes. I'll plan for stuffing a modeled 4-stroke in when the time comes.

Norton, I did also run across that photo later last night as well. it would certainly work if nothing else is found, but I wouldn't turn away a more detailed set of 3-views. (Plus it helps to have mine here to look at the smaller details)

Sounds good. Next question, does anyone have a profile of the airfoil or know any specifics about it?

To be 100% honest I don't even remember if my wing is a 2 piece, or if it's permanently joined. I still a 2 piece I could get an exact picture of the root rib. I hope to get the plane out tomorrow after work.

I believe you you scroll down in the second link there are some foils there.

I don't know the airfoil number though.

I believe you you scroll down in the second link there are some foils there.

I don't know the airfoil number though.

Ahh, I see you must have edited that above post and added that link. That is a good link, it helps give me a good visual of the internals, so I can incorporated the necessary areas into the model.

need my model?

PPlace

Would you like the One I started? I have modeled the body and wings. I have a half rack of ribs in each wings, and some sticks in the fuselage. ( just in the area where the stock model is transparent ). It needs the H and V stab modeled so you can see the play wood layers.

I still might finished mine just for a few that still use 3.5.

Junkboy999

Dane,
To save you some time, that's a 10.9% or 11% airfoil with about a 6% camber and a flat bottom. So given the airfoil database in RF, I'd start with an N-11 airfoil.
Doug

JB999: I appreciate the offer and will certainly keep that option open. For now, since I haven't done any modeling for a long time (my sportwin was the last modeling I've done) I'd like to start from scratch so I can "re-fresh" my skills....or lack of.

Doug: Thanks for the information, I'll put that to good use when the time arrives.

Just an FYI.

I did get the Rascal out of storage and started on some modeling tonight. Started with some basics and have the main landing gear, wheel pants & wheels / tires finished.

Back