SIG Rascal

Just getting started. Got the fuselage roughed out, but mostly I've been working on front panel section and wing braces that will be visible through the windshield.

Welcome back. I loved your Pete n' Poke. I'll be looking forward to this one. :)

Cockpit structure done. I plan on rounding window cutouts a bit more after I see how the poly count goes with the rest of the internal structure.

Attachments

• Image02.jpg
    Image02.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 8
The internals for the Fuselage look to be about 1000 polys so far.

Attachments

• Image03.jpg
    Image03.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 12
  • Image04.jpg
    Image04.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
Skin's taking shape.

Attachments

• Image05.jpg
    Image05.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Image06.jpg
    Image06.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 9
All skins and the internals for main wings and fuselage are all done, with just shy of 4000 polys used. Next up internals for tail feathers.

Attachments

• Image07.jpg
    Image07.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 18
Dropping a Saito 130 Twin in the front (sans exhaust) brings the polys up to 11.3K

Attachments

• Image08.jpg
    Image08.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 6
Spinner, cowl cutouts, exhaust tubes... Still need to model the intake manifold and carb for this engine, since much can be seen due to the size of the cut outs.

Attachments

• Image09.jpg
    Image09.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 10
Also, in April I'll show you how to render in Wings. I know you map in Max. Yesterday I brought some models back to Wings from Max just for rendering purposes.

Maj., someday I'll have to send you a CD of my render folder. It's a bit large. I know you have a few of them.

I'll do a version with conventional gear too. But this one first...

EDIT: Just to prove that I'm not all wet, floats are an option offered by Sig for the Rascal 110. Rascal 110 Shown With Optional Floats RTF (Order No. SIGFK004ARF)

Attachments

• yy1SIGRC84ARFe.jpg
    yy1SIGRC84ARFe.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Linked and mapped, now for the Alpha Channel to allow for the transparent sections. Likely to be the most tedious part of the model to do.

Attachments

• Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 13
I'll do a version with conventional gear too. But this one first...

Oh yes, I know the Rascal has been put on floats. I was just hoping for a fixed gear version and am happy you will be making one as well. Now it's the best of both worlds! :D

Back