SIG Rascal

There is an easy way to make them. But it's a poly hog. Grab a poly on each side of the rib. Inset, and smooth if you want it round. Then Bridge. That will create walls, at a price.

Thanks JB.

Again, I'm still here just haven't had much for "updates" lately. I do have some additional clean-up finished as well as adding all the control horns for each surface.

Great progress I know....that's why there is no screenshot to go along with it!:p

Sorry guys, I've been "gone" on this project but not forgotten. A couple life changes have pulled me away from this project for a bit.

My youngest son has decided it is now fun to climb out of his crib:D So in order to make his bedroom more "kid-proof" (is that possible?!haha) I've fast forwarded my plans of remodeling a room in our basement and am creating an official toy / play room for my two boys. i.e. less clutter (toys) for the youngest to get into when he decides to crawl out of his crib (now bed)

To add to that, I've also purchased a second house, and am also in the process of "freshening" it up. Second house:confused: well my neighbor's house came up for sale for a good price, and my ulterior motive (in the long run) is to get rid of the house (it's too nice for that now) and have a nice big yard where I can put up a nice large garage / workshop. Just don't tell my wife that reason!!:p

Yep, 'life' has a nasty habit of doing that to a person. :p

Good luck with your projects. Gotta keep the kiddies safe!

Had to post this....

A friend of mine is moving back to the area from out of state. He asked me if I could help store some of his planes for a bit. As you can see I now have a nice pair of Rascals to look over!haha

I've managed to get closer to completion on my boy's toy room. I've finished drywall & mud, and was able to get the first color of paint on tonight. I've still got a fair amount of work to go, but I'm nibbling away at that project. I'd really like to get back to the Rascal model sooner than later.

Attachments

• Rascal Pair (1).jpg
    Rascal Pair (1).jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Rascal Pair (2).jpg
    Rascal Pair (2).jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 18
Things have started to settle down for me a bit and I think I want to get back into RC, both in the Virtual world and in Real Life. In RL I want a Rascal 110 as the next plane I buy, so with Dane's permission/blessing, I'd like to proceed with doing one for RF. Kmot can then do an AV to scale it down to the 40 size.

Things have started to settle down for me a bit and I think I want to get back into RC, both in the Virtual world and in Real Life. In RL I want a Rascal 110 as the next plane I buy, so with Dane's permission/blessing, I'd like to proceed with doing one for RF. Kmot can then do an AV to scale it down to the 40 size.

Doug, you certainly have my permission.....not that you needed it!

At the time of the total loss of my computer / files, I was really bummed out about the loss of this project. I had put a lot of work into it, and really enjoyed creating all the internal structures that make this plane so distinct.

On several of my previous big modeling projects, I had at least saved the progress onto an external jump drive from time to time. Obviously I forgot to do that with this project.....tack that up to "getting back into the modeling groove" and just overlooking that important step. If I would of had any thing saved, I would have been more than happy to share it with you to give you a "head start"

I look forward to watching you tackle the project!

Thanks Dane, I haven't decided how I want to model the internals for the cockpit on this one. The wings are pretty straight forward with solid ribs.

Just getting started. Got the fuselage roughed out, but mostly I've been working on front panel section and wing braces that will be visible through the windshield.

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
Alright!!
orig.gif

Back