Sky Fly Max

Thanks, P. I allso was not closeing RF to let it reset.
New prob. Four of the ends don't make the trip from Max, on the Motor.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 12
It is one object, except for the wires. I think I will have to remake it. Thanks Doug, nothing is ever that simple for me.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
Found it. I had made the shaft larger di.on one end of the armiture, which made the faces on the windings twisted.
Made a new armiture.
I'll replace the motor in the Parts Repository

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 8
Looks like I am stuck again.
It is set to launch from ground. But it launches from it’s tail. I can go to full power and fly it out. Most times it explodes when I reset.
The sub rudder is part of the MHS.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 20
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 18
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 18
  • ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 14
I'm starting to feel like I am wasteing my time. This makes two planes I have spent a lot of time on, that I can not get all the way to the swaps. I spent a month on the PHANTOM EYE, and now spent three weeks on this one.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10
Hard to tell from the screenshots, but personal experience:
I have done collision meshes that if too simple, seem to sink through the ground some, I have to round-out the hard corners on these trouble areas.

Maybe that is the case with yours, I don't know. :confused:

It has been my experience that if you have a surface or an object that FR uses for flight like a stab or a control surface, it is not a good ideal to try to use them as a SKID.

Example . If a rudder is touching he ground like a skid and you keep moving it back and forth the planes tail will start sinking until the fuselage COLL hits the ground and it crashes. ( explodes )

I would make an object like a wire skid and give it a COLL mesh. Link the skid to the fuselage, do not confine it with the fuselage.

This is the Max 8 file and the tga. I'm done all I can do. If any one wants to take a look.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
flexible said:
This is the Max 8 file and the tga. I'm done all I can do. If any one wants to take a look.

Flexible,

I'm not seeing a Max file in there.

I removed the .g3x and unzipped and it looks like a EA. I imported the .kex into G3.5 and it does start with the tail in the ground. It rises out of the ground and then works ok. Is that what you're seeing?

I'd be interested in taking a look at that Max file.

Last edited:
I must have posted the wrong file. Try this one. I took the sub rudder of the stab, made a Tailskid, and Coll.

Attachments

• New Folder.g3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Ok, well a quick glance shows that your ~CS_TAILSKID is not making it through into the kex.

It shows up visually in the editor, but is not listed in the component drop down menu. I'm guessing that the collision mesh for it is not being recognized.

I'll take a closer look later this evening.

Attachments

• skyfly01.jpg
    skyfly01.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 7
Wouldn't that be a naming error? I didn't think collision meshes were mandatory for every part.

jeffpn said:
Wouldn't that be a naming error? I didn't think collision meshes were mandatory for every part.

Well in his Max file this part is named ~CS_TAILSKID and it 's not showing up in the RF editor list for some reason.

Collision meshes are required for any part that touches the ground.

Oops, I guess a tailskid would touch the ground, wouldn't it? :eek: I still think there could be a naming error; an extra space or something hard to notice.

Back