So I purchased the new Evolution on Steam. I had the 9.5s which works properly. The Evo is not recognizing the Interlink DX Help the 9.5 is OK

CREW CHIEF 25TH

So I purchased the new Evolution on Steam. I had the 9.5s which works properly. The Evo is not recognizing the Interlink DX Help the 9.5 is OK

DX Controller works good with RF Evolution on my PC

Attachments

• DX + Evolution.jpg
    DX + Evolution.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for responding My controller works fine in the Realflight 9.5s on Steam it's the new Evo sim. When u launch Evo there is nothing on the top of the screen giving u options like in 9.5
RealFlight Evolution has a new user interface that you can press Esc to open. There should be a notification at the top of your RealFlight window telling you about this when you start.

However, the post I referred to has a set of instructions that need to be carried out on the Steam Client. Please try those steps to see if it fixes your controller problem.

Thanks for responding My controller works fine in the Realflight 9.5s on Steam it's the new Evo sim. When u launch Evo there is nothing on the top of the screen giving u options like in 9.5
It may have been unclear. The directions in this link Jeremy posted were written for RealFlight 9.5S but apply to RealFlight Evolution as well. Simply perform them on Evo instead.

Thanks that worked. I have another question. On the 9.5 on the upper left of the screen u have options for planes, fields etc. I don't have this do you know how to get that up there. Thanks for the help

RealFlight Evolution has a new user interface that you can press Esc to open. There should be a notification at the top of your RealFlight window telling you about this when you start.
To access the user interface, you can also press the "Cancel" button on the DX controller or press the "X" button on the Interlink-X controller.

Last edited:
Thanks that worked. I have another question. On the 9.5 on the upper left of the screen u have options for planes, fields etc. I don't have this do you know how to get that up there. Thanks for the help
Press Esc button on the keyboard, or press the Cancel button on the DX-Controller, then select "Free play", next select "Aircraft"

Yes, thank you @asj5547. We should have mentioned that the new user interface is available via the controller as well. In fact, it has been designed to be almost entirely usable with only the controller! A few more complex features still require use of the keyboard and mouse. (Note that the new UI does not extend to the vehicle and airport editors which definitely need keyboard & mouse just like before.)

Press the "Esc" button on the keyboard or press the "Cancel" button on the DX controller, to bring up the user interface menu.

I preferred the menu at the top. Things are missing with the new GUI.

For example, in 9.5S, I could select aircraft from the menu and at the bottom of the drop down were several of the aircraft I have flown. I can't find that list in Evolution. It only shows the last one.

Really would like a drop down menu. I see it start to load as teh game loads but it isn't on the screen when the game finishes loading the Esc key does bring up a side bar but doesn't seem to have all of the things on the normal drop down. Anyone figure out how to get it back? Would like to use it to change some settings.

As noted above, the new user interface replaces the old MFC main menu system. I will come back a little later and post some more info about how to do things in the new UI (and we have some helpful videos planned), but I have a meeting starting in a few minutes. 😅

I posted a separate thread exploring the new filtering system in Evolution. I highly recommend you check that out.

When you're so accustomed to a certain way of doing things, it takes some time to come to grips with a brand new design. What are some things you are trying to do that I could help you find?

@sadatoni, It is true that the old MRU doesn't have an exact analogue in the new menu. I suggest using the Most Recently Used filter in either the new UI or the old Quick Select dialog.

At least if you mouse oall the way over to the left, and get the old pop up for the various stuff, you get a better list of aircraft. 1667002387391.png

Yea did that. Don't see all of the different ways to get help, settings and other options that allowed me to tailor the game. I will mess with it more but to be honest may just skip this update and stick with the older version that I can tweak more to my liking. Part I don't understand is that the system seems to be loading the drop down but users have no way to get to it. Going to go out on a limb and say some of us older folks might have enjoyed the choice to use the interface or the old one with the updated software. 🤷‍♂️

Back