Spektrum InterLink DX features and benefits

k99kramer,

To what switch are you trying to assign the throttle cut? I was able to successfully re-map it to Switch I (the panic button) with no issue.

I usually use switch a for throttle cut. How do I do this? Note that I am trying to assign "THROTTLE CUT" as on keyboard shortcut K. Not "THROTTLE HOLD" which is something entirely different.

Last edited:
OK, just try’d the DX6i on RF en because i don’t know the correct setting for a drone on the DX6i and RF ... it’s not ok.

Who help me out with this:
  • All settings in the DX6i for flying a drone in RF
  • All settings in RF to use the DX6i for flying a drone.

Already search the internet with google and there is such much diferent info that i don’t know where to start, what to use :(

Thanks for the posetive answers.

PS: i use a WS1000 to connect the DX6i to RF

Last edited:
I usually use switch a for throttle cut. How do I do this? Note that I am trying to assign "THROTTLE CUT" as on keyboard shortcut K. Not "THROTTLE HOLD" which is something entirely different.

OK, I think I understand now. To double check: You'd like a full throttle cut (killing all engines entirely, not just forcing idle) when you throw your designated switch. Is this correct?

It is not currently possible to cause this from the controller. Only the "kill" hotkey (K) or running out of fuel will shut an engine down. For what it's worth, the 'K' key will only kill one engine at a time.

I'm adding a case to our issue tracking system to cover your suggestion. I have definitely used just such a switch to shut off the ignition on my large gas models. I've been all-electric for some time, so I've started to think of throttle hold and throttle cut interchangeably.

Versions of RealFlight prior to 8 will not recognize the InterLink DX. It is a brand new device, and those versions of RealFlight only supported the controller devices available at the time of their creation.

RF8 will recognize it as a generic USB device. You can use it in a somewhat limited capacity; it won't support the full capabilities of the DX.

Will not even let RFX start...

The new Spektrum InterLink DX is a substantial leap forward from previous incarnations of the InterLink. Check out its features:

• 15 channels! That includes 2 slider controls on the back, 2 two-position switches, 5 three-position switches, 1 knob, and 1 "panic" button. RealFlight supports up to 12 channels simultaneously, which means you have greater freedom to pick and choose exactly which controls should be mapped to which functions without making any sacrifices.
  • Greater stick input resolution! The aileron, elevator, rudder, and throttle channels have dramatically more resolution than in past InterLink controllers. This isn't something you're likely to perceive consciously, but it contributes to the InterLink DX's superior feel in the sim.
  • Modeled after Spektrum transmitters! The gimbals, switches, and other controls are arranged exactly like the DX8e, and functions like rates, flaps, and throttle hold are mapped the same way.
  • Easy access to SAFE/SAFE+ "Panic"-type behavior! For models with SAFE/SAFE+ "panic"-type behavior--including bailout mode in helis and holding pattern or auto-landing behavior in planes--the DX's dedicated button is the best way to access that functionality. Making it available for any other controller type requires either editing individual vehicles to remap the controls or dedicating one of your controller's input channels in the radio profile channel map, which comes at the expense of other functionality.
  • Adjust tension and ratcheting with the turn of a screw! Want to adjust the tension on a gimbal? Want to enable/disable ratcheting? Now you can do either one without even opening the case.
  • Change modes just by sliding a switch! Patent-pending gimbal design with a spring configuration switch makes for easy Mode 1, 2, 3 or 4 selection and operation. This is super slick! No longer do you need to open the controller to change modes. No longer do you need to choose either the mode 1 or mode 2 version of RealFlight. Now the same controller comes in all boxes, and can become whichever mode you want by simply sliding a switch! And it goes beyond mode selection to also incorporate auto-centering on both sticks simultaneously, which is perfect for multirotors.
  • Return of the strap hook! For pilots who use a neck strap when flying, we have you covered. This option was not present on the InterLink-X.

Of course, the InterLink DX also retains all the familiar InterLink functionality from previous versions, such as:
  • Built-in Reset/Rewind button
  • User Interface controls for navigating portions of the software
  • Digital trims
  • Interface mode, with a trainer port for connecting your own radio (note that joystick and interface modes are not available simultaneously, though the UI controls do work in both modes)

Did not see any instructions with the transmitter, how / where do you engage ratcheting on the throttle?

Did not see any instructions with the transmitter, how / where do you engage ratcheting on the throttle?

Page 17 of the RealFlight 9 manual covers physical adjustments to the InterLink DX.

Basically, there is a small screw set into a hole beside the gimbal that you use to engage and disengage the ratchet. Be sure to consult the manual, though - there are multiple adjustment screws for each gimbal.

Will not even let RFX start...

RF-X does not support the InterLink DX. RealFlight 8 was the first Knife Edge product with the technology required for the InterLink DX to work.

RF-X, along with RealFlight 7.5 and earlier, requires an InterLink Elite, InterLink Plus, RealFlight Wired Interface or RealFlight Wireless interface to run.

RF-X does not support the InterLink DX. RealFlight 8 was the first Knife Edge product with the technology required for the InterLink DX to work.

RF-X, along with RealFlight 7.5 and earlier, requires an InterLink Elite, InterLink Plus, RealFlight Wired Interface or RealFlight Wireless interface to run.

Jeremy.. You guys have a fairly large set of customers that prefer RF-X for flying even to RF-9 and I'm one of them and others on this forum, and in the real world. It would be a shame to NOT add what's necessary to the Final RF-X 1.5 release to not support the Interlink DX for the functionality that exists in RF-X.

We purchased RF-X and spent thousands of dollars to upgrade our computer so please don't make us have two controllers plugged in to use RF-9 and RF-X.

Page 17 of the RealFlight 9 manual covers physical adjustments to the InterLink DX.

Basically, there is a small screw set into a hole beside the gimbal that you use to engage and disengage the ratchet. Be sure to consult the manual, though - there are multiple adjustment screws for each gimbal.

Interesting, you pay 180 bucks and get a 7 page installation booklet and no manual....Paper must be expensive.

Wow

Who wants paper? Paper is a huge waste of resources. I want electronic manuals. I have about 100+/- on my kindle device(iPad). I can share with my Windows computer. I can electronically search the document. It can be updated with another download. I wish that I could go completely paperless in my office. Paper would make the software more expensive. I have a harder time letting go of the cd or DVD software distribution. Soon you will download everything to install. Check out steam.

Interesting, you pay 180 bucks and get a 7 page installation booklet and no manual....Paper must be expensive.

Number of channels

If you are referring to your spektrum transmitter you fly with them the answer is yes and has been compatible since RF8. You can even use a wireless W1000 dongle and connect that way with RF8. Many threads about this on the forums.

Do you know how many channel the ws1000 will support as I never got it to support more than 6?

I have a DX18 v2 and it would be nice to get the full 15 channels like the interlink DX .

I am annoyed as I now have 4 controllers for real flite being the two futaba based interlinks being the original and the elite , the waste of money piece of crap tactic RFX interlink X the and a wireless tactic dongle and radio that was recommended and now I need a Interlink DX. FFS I hope my dx 18 will work without limitation or this mob have just found another way to sell us ( force us) to upgrade hardware again to get all the full channels.

Do you know how many channel the ws1000 will support as I never got it to support more than 6?

I have a DX18 v2 and it would be nice to get the full 15 channels like the interlink DX .

I am annoyed as I now have 4 controllers for real flite being the two futaba based interlinks being the original and the elite , the waste of money piece of crap tactic RFX interlink X the and a wireless tactic dongle and radio that was recommended and now I need a Interlink DX. FFS I hope my dx 18 will work without limitation or this mob have just found another way to sell us ( force us) to upgrade hardware again to get all the full channels.

I know what you mean. I have a bit of a collection as well. I pre-ordered RF9 combo w/Spektrum Interlink DX controller (hopefully will arrive this week). No way I'm wearing out my DX18 G1 on a sim.

It's only money mate, lol!

I know what you mean. I have a bit of a collection as well. I pre-ordered RF9 combo w/Spektrum Interlink DX controller (hopefully will arrive this week). No way I'm wearing out my DX18 G1 on a sim.

It's only money mate, lol!

Tom, you are correct and as peeved as I am I have bought rf9 on steam and I
Will order a new Dx. ?

Rfx and dx

Jeremy.. You guys have a fairly large set of customers that prefer RF-X for flying even to RF-9 and I'm one of them and others on this forum, and in the real world. It would be a shame to NOT add what's necessary to the Final RF-X 1.5 release to not support the Interlink DX for the functionality that exists in RF-X.

We purchased RF-X and spent thousands of dollars to upgrade our computer so please don't make us have two controllers plugged in to use RF-9 and RF-X.

Yes yes yes !

While you are at it Jeremy please tell us why you abandoned RFX to release a dx9 based sim ... I am a sucker and bought RF9 . I agree the new interlink dx is a massive upgrade but RF9 has no vr improvement over rf8 and it seems it just a hanger full of HH ac that is different?

I have 4 redundant controllers now ( I bought a stupid tactic and slt dongle as well for rfx..$)

I got my RF9 combo w/ interlink dx controller today. Only improvement over RF8 so far is the new Interlink DX controller. It is very nice.

However, one warning for those who want to buy just the controller to use with RF8. You need to remap everything and so far I cannot assign 3 modes to the top left 3-way switch (always been my flight mode switch). I can only get normal and idle up 2, no idle up 1. The controller setup in RF8 does not appear to recognise 3 points on this switch. This works fine with RF9 though.

I need to remap and recalibrate this controller for 'all' the other sims I have previously used my Interlink Elite controller with. Bit of a pita but no real big deal. I've managed to remap/calibrate everything ok with Aerofly RC8, no problems. Since there is absolutely no VR improvements with RF9, Aerofly RC8 will continue to be the main one I use for VR.

Edit; I forgot to mention that I could not finish the RF9 installation with the DVD's. It kept hanging part way through downloading RFV9_3.dck. I finally gave up and downloaded it from the Realflight Website; realflight.com/dlrf9/ . This did not take too long to download and it all installed fine and allowed me to register/update, no problems. Looking at the DVD itself it appears to have a few damaged/bubbled spots on it.

Last edited:
No Vr improvement

I got my RF9 combo w/ interlink dx controller today. Only improvement over RF8 so far is the new Interlink DX controller. It is very nice.

However, one warning for those who want to buy just the controller to use with RF8. You need to remap everything and so far I cannot assign 3 modes to the top left 3-way switch (always been my flight mode switch). I can only get normal and idle up 2, no idle up 1. The controller setup in RF8 does not appear to recognise 3 points on this switch. This works fine with RF9 though.

I need to remap and recalibrate this controller for 'all' the other sims I have previously used my Interlink Elite controller with. Bit of a pita but no real big deal. I've managed to remap/calibrate everything ok with Aerofly RC8, no problems. Since there is absolutely no VR improvements with RF9, Aerofly RC8 will continue to be the main one I use for VR.

Edit; I forgot to mention that I could not finish the RF9 installation with the DVD's. It kept hanging part way through downloading RFV9_3.dck. I finally gave up and downloaded it from the Realflight Website; realflight.com/dlrf9/ . This did not take too long to download and it all installed fine and allowed me to register/update, no problems. Looking at the DVD itself it appears to have a few damaged/bubbled spots on it.

I am in Australia so I did the steam download and separately ordered the new DX which is 6 weeks away i guess?

I cant see any difference with RF9 at all from RF8 except more models to fly so its a pretty expensive aircraft pack:)

Anyway I am disappointed the the VR implementation seems to be worse than RF8 and Ill have to go back and adjust the graphics again to stop the jumping in VR. I am running a watercooled i7 9700K at 5.2Ghz across all cores and a RTX 2080TI oc to 1850mhz and it still wont run the VR like RC8. Thanks for the RC8 tip for VR, very expensive but it so VERY smooth.

Ya, I’m also in Australia. I pre-ordered the rf9 combo mainly because it was the only way to get the interlink DX right away. Very glad I did btw.

Last edited:
Back