Su-26 build

abaser

Before I get things setup in wings, Taz I've got a couple questions.

1) Does your model have the same cutout that Maj. has shown in the other thread for the exhaust?

2) Can you post a link here of specs?

3) Are there any hatches in the fuselage, and if so, what is beneath them? Im not saying I'm going to do internals, but if I do, Id like to know what is inside. Also, pics of said internals would be helpful from many different angles. No hurry on them as it will be a while before that will be gotten to.

Ill try to get things setup and started sometime this week as time allows.

I'm making a new scale engine model of a DA-170. I'll post a copy here when done and you can use it.

I am much looking forward to this. I had the V1 H9 85cc Sukhoi. If the DA 85 hadn't of been such a DOG I would still be flying it.

Three views are setup, but time ran out to start the modeling. If I don't hear from Taz about the cutouts, I'll go ahead and model them.

yes /
I have all of the pics/ pdfs doug mentioned to
I tried looking for that font ..found it............. buts its$40 ! :eek:

Well, its a start. Next Ill attempt the cowl vents to see how they work out and just how poly heavy they'll be.

Attachments

• ScreenShot028.jpg
    ScreenShot028.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 18
And, cowl vents started.

Attachments

• ScreenShot029.jpg
    ScreenShot029.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot030.jpg
    ScreenShot030.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 14
Hope they're worth the effort. 3 sets, 20 minutes.:eek: I'm probably going about it all wrong, but I like the end result so far.

Before I get things setup in wings, Taz I've got a couple questions.

1) Does your model have the same cutout that Maj. has shown in the other thread for the exhaust?

2) Can you post a link here of specs?

3) Are there any hatches in the fuselage, and if so, what is beneath them? Im not saying I'm going to do internals, but if I do, Id like to know what is inside. Also, pics of said internals would be helpful from many different angles. No hurry on them as it will be a while before that will be gotten to.

Ill try to get things setup and started sometime this week as time allows.

Hi there, again let me thank you for your amazing efforts fellas. This is really cool to have my plane down for RF.

1. I do not use headers & canisters like the photos. The openings are there on my plane, but I run stock mufflers. I am okay with you guys using what you have already started with, I do not want anyone doing anything more than needed. Besides, cans are cool!

2. http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN1060

3. The only removable or opening hatch is the canopy. Nothing else.

yes /
I have all of the pics/ pdfs doug mentioned to
I tried looking for that font ..found it............. buts its$40 ! :eek:

What is the name of the font? I used to do graphic design, website design & corp identity logos years ago. I have a disc with literally 50,000+ fonts. If you can get me the name, I'll see if I have it.

Thanks Taz. I didn't know Doug was modeling a motor before asking, so I'll go with whatever he comes up with.

I've started work on the motor. I plan on doing things a little different this time around. I'm going to do a parallel build with both low and high detail components. That way depending on how visible the motor is in the plane and what your poly budget is, you can pick which to use.

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 21
Doug, do me a favor and post progress pics along the way here and the occasional poly count. I'll keep things fairly simple until you're done before I start burning them up. I'm thinking at the moment, I'll probably have a small (maybe 1/3 of the nose) opening up front and wherever the exhaust exits. Depending on your final poly count of the fine version,I may open up the whole thing.

I planned on doing such and should have some progress shots for you after lunch.

The SU-26 isn't too bad in terms of structural details, so you shouldn't run into much trouble poly wise on the exterior. It's the cockpit and motor on this one that will be the hogs.

The DA-170 has some very distinctive bolt access holes that go through the cylinder fins. As cool as these look modeled, I think they are going to be too much. The cylinder with the holes is 4148 polys, while the one without the holes is only 1010. As this represents the majority of the polys that will be used in the engine, without the holes I'll be able to complete the engine with carb & exhaust for roughly 3K polys. This seems an acceptable number while 10K+ does not.

Attachments

• Image04.jpg
    Image04.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Image02.jpg
    Image02.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Image03.jpg
    Image03.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 9
I'd skip the holes for sure. They'll never be seen anyway. In fact, on the motor I use, I'll probably hole the tops of the fins and ends of the cylinders to conserve even more, unless I make the cowl pop off. Haven't made up my mind in that yet. I'll decide that once I decide on internals. Its looking great so far.

Back