Su-26 build

Taz,

Here's an updated AV, where I've adjusted the low end throttle curve. See if this matches your engine more closely.

Doug

Attachments

• H9 Sukhoi SU-26MM_AV.RFX
    53.2 KB · Views: 22
Just a small progress report. 1208 polys involved so far.

Attachments

• ScreenShot035.jpg
    ScreenShot035.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 33
  • ScreenShot036.jpg
    ScreenShot036.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 24
Taz,

Here's an updated AV, where I've adjusted the low end throttle curve. See if this matches your engine more closely.

Doug

"Feels" much better. Of course I was also thinking it could be that we slam the throttle around on the sim, but not in real life? But whatever changes you made, much more realistic.

Awesome work. Thanks.

In that case the AV is probably ready to go. Andy, do you need my naming convention for use in your model?

Also I've got the main part of the engine completed except for some material assignments. It uses 3747 polys as is. There is another mounting plate that could go on the back but is unlikely to be able to be seen, so it will be a separate part if I do decide model it. I'm also going to add spark-plug wires and an exhaust system. These too will be separate items so they can be included or not depending on cowl cutouts and poly budget.

Attachments

• Image06.jpg
    Image06.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
Motor looks great Doug. It probably wouldn't hurt to get your naming. That way all is good in the end without issue. Thanks!

Here are the parts used in the AV, following KE standard configuration:

Prop Location: ~CS_ENGINE1
Spinner: ~CS_SPINNER1
Right Gear: ~CS_RG
Left Gear: ~CS_LG
Right Wheel: ~CS_RW
Left Wheel: ~CS_LW
Steering Gear: ~CS_SG
Steering Wheel: ~CS_SW
Right Main Wing: ~CS_RMW
Left Main Wing: ~CS_LMW
Right Aileron: ~CS_RMA
Left Aileron: ~CS_LMA
Right Horz Stab: ~CS_RMHS
Left Horz Stab: ~CS_LMHS
Right Elevator: ~CS_RME
Left Elevator: ~CS_LME
Vert Stab: ~CS_MMVS
Rudder: ~CS_MMR

I could, but probably best would be for you to import it as a 3DS and then map what you don't want baked-in along with your plane. Remember that you can only have one map for the whole project.

At present I have the tuned pipe in chrome and the header in steel. You could also cut off faces and/or parts that won't be visible through the cowl cutouts. Plus the headers will probably need adjusting to fit the aircraft properly. I just winged their curve, which likely has the pipes too low to fit.

Last edited:
OK, engine is complete.

If you want me to edit it to fit, just say so - if not have at it. :D

Attachments

• DA-170.3ds.RFX
    136.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Image08.jpg
    Image08.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 7
  • Image09.jpg
    Image09.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 7
Andy, do you do your primary modeling in Wings? If so, I can also give you a .wings file.

Back