Super Sportster 120

How about a rear engine one ? :ROFLMAO:

8171b483AlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Technoid … I noticed while looking at the visuals (Super Sportster), that there was an astounding list of items with nomenclature I had not noticed before. So I had to investigate.
So attached is my current "Electric" variant (my standard) that I thought you may get a 'kick' out of.

* Electric - because I can start/stop the engine and have "starter" sounds.(Dual Rate Switch)
* Constant Speed - Variable Pitch Prop - Because !!!
* Canopy Open/Close - not perfect ( pivot point is centered) - because I like that.( Flap Knob a few clicks CW)
* Moving Servo Arms and Push Rods … because you provided them as visuals. And yes the Ailerons are included even though you can't see them … you set the stage.

Was a little difficult finding the items, and they are not perfect (Servo Arms - center pivot), but I achieved a 'stand-way-off' acceptable visual effect that I could live with.

I am sending the files for your perusal (variant and latest Patroit CS I keep messing with).
Thought you may be entertained seeing what others are doing with your great creations.
I'm enjoying !!!
The "EG" variant designation is my standard for 'Electric with Governor(variable pitch prop)'

Attachments

• Super Sportster 96_EG_AV.RFX
    354.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Super Sportster Patroit III_CS.RFX
    530 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1590687084.jpg
    ScreenShot1590687084.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 9
Since I had a silver one I decided I needed a Gold one. Goldmember would be proud. Thinking of changing the Yellow stripes but haven't though up another good color yet.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1590698481.jpg
    ScreenShot1590698481.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 10
Technoid … I noticed while looking at the visuals (Super Sportster), that there was an astounding list of items with nomenclature I had not noticed before. So I had to investigate.
So attached is my current "Electric" variant (my standard) that I thought you may get a 'kick' out of.

* Electric - because I can start/stop the engine and have "starter" sounds.(Dual Rate Switch)
* Constant Speed - Variable Pitch Prop - Because !!!
* Canopy Open/Close - not perfect ( pivot point is centered) - because I like that.( Flap Knob a few clicks CW)
* Moving Servo Arms and Push Rods … because you provided them as visuals. And yes the Ailerons are included even though you can't see them … you set the stage.

Was a little difficult finding the items, and they are not perfect (Servo Arms - center pivot), but I achieved a 'stand-way-off' acceptable visual effect that I could live with.

I am sending the files for your perusal (variant and latest Patroit CS I keep messing with).
Thought you may be entertained seeing what others are doing with your great creations.
I'm enjoying !!!
The "EG" variant designation is my standard for 'Electric with Governor(variable pitch prop)'
Thanks I grabbed both files and will look at them soon I'm in the middle of working on the house right now. Gotta finish that before I can get back to modeling. But all your stuff sounds cool. The pivot point for the Canopy should be in the center at least that's what I clicked in the selection but I'll take a look and let you know. The pivot points for the servo parts should be in the center too. But there is an angle on some of the rods so things might not move perfect. But thanks for the AV I'll take a look at it soon.

PilotAt6

I took a look at the Canopy pivot point and it is centered according to the select it and use the center pivot point option. I didn't visually adjust it I used the built-in center the pivot point option. I checked it by selecting the canopy and used the center the pivot point option again and the pivot point didn't move. If you had mentioned you were planning to animate it I would have moved the pivot point to the edge of the canopy for you.

You mentioned the servo arm pivot point was in the center of the arm yes it is again I selected the part and used the center pivot point option. If you want to rotate the arm use the "P1" pin to rotate it instead of the arm. The pivot point for all the pins is in the center of the pin. So when you rotate the "P1" pin the arm will rotate the way you want it to.

Sorry I didn't intend to animate the servo parts so I just centered each pivot point on the part.

Technoid Said: "Sorry I didn't intend to animate the servo parts so I just centered each pivot point on the part."

No need to be sorry. You provided an exceptional amount of visuals to play with. I appreciate the info on the "P1" pin being the item of interest for my purpose. What I'm doing is just for my own learning and entertainment, and doesn't need to be done to enjoy flying the model. Thought you may like to know I was intrigue with all those visuals and just had to play with them. Thanks … and anticipating your next creation !!!

Technoid Said: "Sorry I didn't intend to animate the servo parts so I just centered each pivot point on the part."

No need to be sorry. You provided an exceptional amount of visuals to play with. I appreciate the info on the "P1" pin being the item of interest for my purpose. What I'm doing is just for my own learning and entertainment, and doesn't need to be done to enjoy flying the model. Thought you may like to know I was intrigue with all those visuals and just had to play with them. Thanks … and anticipating your next creation !!!
Cool deal, thanks. My next plane will have animated servos and I'll make sure all the parts are modeled to make that easy to do. In the past I only cared about the visual part I'm not so much on animating the servos. But I plan to do that for my next plane so it will be my first with animated servos. You'll see a build thread start for it very soon it was requested by one of our new members from Brasil.

thanks guys , i spent the morning doing this one up i had pictures from a while ago just waitng for the release :) i went from with a little bit of my own changes to this CS

Back