Super Sportwin Build

The text was taken directly from your picture of the wing. Do you have a pic of the sst on the other wing.

If this won't do the trick let me know.

Attachments

• sst.png
    sst.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 85
  • SST.zip.rfx
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Boof,

I just downloaded the lettering graphics you made up. Unfortunately when I re-size them to fit the wing on the map (4096 x 4096) they are really pixilated and would require a fair amount of cleanup. I think I'll just dig around and search through some fonts tonight so I can type them up and have really nice crisp clean edges on the letters and the outlines. I do appreciate the thought though.

Edit: The only reason I went with a 4096x4096 on such a simple CS scheme was in hopes that the small pinstripes on the edges of the purple white, and the checkers would come out nicer. I know it's a bit of "overkill" but if need be I can always shrink it down to a 2048x2048 on final upload of the EA

no no. I can see that. All those lines next to each other will really need that. I think 4096 is the way to go.

I make everything at 4096 :rolleyes: :D

you can also just do the Classic tga @4096
and leave the bump and /or the specular @2048 reduce the rfx file size ;)

Last edited:
I found this font online and did a quick test of how it would look.

Opinion? I know there are differences in some of the letters.....but like willsonman said it doesn't need to be 100%

Attachments

• SSTletteringtest.jpg
    SSTletteringtest.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 10
I looked t at few font sites earlier today and could not find one close ...... had I found that one I'da posted it ......thats preety close :D

I went ahead and blew it up for you. These ones are much larger. For future reference you can get a selection from the text and then under the selection menu click transform selection. Then you can scale up the selection with no pixilation. Then I filled with the outline color ans contracted the selection and filled white.

Attachments

• SportTwin.zip.rfx
    935.8 KB · Views: 6
Maj. Numbskully said:
you can also just do the Classic tga @4096
and leave the bump and /or the specular @2048 reduce the rfx file size ;)
Can't say I have ever made this work, which one have you successfully done this way? :confused:

I'll have to look I've done 1 or 2 of jeffs that way
actually I learned that trick from mwilson
he did it on a B-1 ( specular )

EDIT : both normals files for the Grunau

Last edited:
I've sent the latest EA off the willsonman (along with his AV) that he put together with the real world model specs. He is now going to pass that along to the designer of this model to get his opinion on the flight physics of it.

I've still got some minor CS work to do (mainly inside the nacelles, cockpit dash, etc. For the most part it's not going to look much different from here on out.

Boof before I saw your last post I had already created the lettering, outline and placed it on the CS. I was very happy with the results (though not 100% accurate) I'll keep it! Thanks for the help / offer though.

Attachments

• SST (30).jpg
    SST (30).jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 29
Update: The latest version is in the hands of the designer and the prototype builder. They do not have RF and are locating friends locally that they can try it on. It flys on rails guys. She is super pretty and super fast. The only thing I have not been able to replicate is a strong tendency to turn left on the ground before the tail lifts off the ground. Does that have to do with helical wash rotation factor? Not sure how to address that one.

Are the props counter rotating? Try making both props rotate counter clockwise when viewed from the front. Then increase the "back torque factor (%)". Maybe to 150 or greater. That is if you want the tendency to pull left.

Last edited:
the real one does not have counter rotating props. I'll mess with some stuff and see what I can come up with.

This is something overlooked by KE on the twin engines. All the ones I looked at didn't have counter rotating props. Although in rc how do they makegas and glow engines counter rotate? I know its easy for electrics.

Willsonman, my advise was to not have counter rotating props. If they rotate the way I described then you will get a model that pulls to the left.
It makes me wonder if the RL model is setup wrong and the props rotate the same direction.

Reading that it would seem that allot of twin engine RC models do not have counter rotating props.

Back