T-28 Trojan

just thought i'd do one more CS for technoid's T-28 B , have some clean up work to do on it yet , the U.S AIR FORCE CS

Attachments

• T-28 B US AIR FORCE cs.jpg
    T-28 B US AIR FORCE cs.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 13
I made up a large scale (double size) version. Here it is for anyone who wants to mess around with it. The controls are a bit different.

Left switch(Ch.8) - Back=Smoke, Center=No Smoke/Canopy closed, Forward=No Smoke/Canopy open

Right switch(Ch.7) - Forward=Landing gear down, Back=Landing gear up

You might want to change the engine sound profile. The Moki at these RPM's isn't the same. I left it in the AV but prefer the O-300 on this scale.

Attachments

• T-28C Trojan LS_AV.RFX
    52.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
the large scale looks great, but the sound file for the engine ... well ... it's lost that lovin' feeling ...

And the canopy opens too far back now ...

Attachments

• ScreenShot1519587610.jpg
    ScreenShot1519587610.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot1519587675.jpg
    ScreenShot1519587675.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot1519587803.jpg
    ScreenShot1519587803.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1519587890.jpg
    ScreenShot1519587890.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I made up a large scale (double size) version. Here it is for anyone who wants to mess around with it. The controls are a bit different.

Left switch(Ch.8) - Back=Smoke, Center=No Smoke/Canopy closed, Forward=No Smoke/Canopy open

Right switch(Ch.7) - Forward=Landing gear down, Back=Landing gear up

You might want to change the engine sound profile. The Moki at these RPM's isn't the same. I left it in the AV but prefer the O-300 on this scale.

I just grabbed it, thanks!

Wow that's one sweet CS and Video. Your new normal map with rivets looks great.

You know I wish I had done two things different. I started to make the three canopy parts separate with Inside and Outside parts for a total of 6 pieces to paint, but for some dumb reason I talked myself out of it. The other thing I should have done is mapped the lower intake separately too so you could add a stripe on the front of it or even color it separately. But since it's mapped on the fuselage it's very hard to do anything to it like put a stripe on the front of it. Ha if I had known it was going to get so many CS's made for it I would have done that. Well, live and learn. Thanks DDawg for all your cool work.

You know, you can always do it for the "D" version, then just update the old B & C versions as well ...

Ducks behind the sofa .... :eek:

PS. not to be outdone in the U.S.A.F CS department ... I have a rival to the Navy's Flight Demo Theme in the works ...

Last edited:
the large scale looks great, but the sound file for the engine ... well ... it's lost that lovin' feeling ..

Change it to the Continental O-300 in the editor and see what you think. I decided to go with that on the LS. Also I'm waiting to see what "magic" Doug works with it. That was a first version .. kinda like a beta.

Change it to the Continental O-300 in the editor and see what you think. I decided to go with that on the LS. Also I'm waiting to see what "magic" Doug works with it. That was a first version .. kinda like a beta.

Roger that ... But, I like me sound of some big ol' jugs ... 9 of them ... :D

here BrokeDad i did a quick edit it flys better , but trouble with scaling this big has always been trying to make them fly right. i did up a new engine profile with the prop size about right plane iwith weights adjusted better and here is a link to airfoils , although the one for the T-28 is a 64A215 which RF does not have so i let the original ones. do your tweaking one this one see what you come up with

http://m-selig.ae.illinois.edu/ads/aircraft.html

Attachments

• T-28C Trojan LS edit1_AV.RFX
    875.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks Doug. I forgot to scale the prop.. Duh. It sounds much better now. And thanks for the other tweaks :)

Houston, we have a problem ...

Hey Technoid ...

I seem to be having a weird issue with the T-28B canopy ...

Maybe you can investigate this ... I seem to think it was on the C version as well ... but I don't remember for sure ...

I decided to just paint over it and not have a red band between the blue ...

and it seemed to have disappeared ...

Attachments

• t28-b wierdness.jpg
    t28-b wierdness.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1519687070.jpg
    ScreenShot1519687070.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey Technoid ...

I seem to be having a weird issue with the T-28B canopy ...

Maybe you can investigate this ... I seem to think it was on the C version as well ... but I don't remember for sure ...

I decided to just paint over it and not have a red band between the blue ...

and it seemed to have disappeared ...

There is definitely an issue with the T-28 canopy and I've looked at it at length and for some reason I can't find anything wrong but I've seen little split misplaced polys on the front and the back. But I'm not really sure about your question with the red band between them? Do you have a picture with the red band you painted over? Sorry to be dense but I've been mapping the Yak so my brain is gone. I'm heading in to watch a movie with Donna so I'll check back later.

There is definitely an issue with the T-28 canopy and I've looked at it at length and for some reason I can't find anything wrong but I've seen little split misplaced polys on the front and the back. But I'm not really sure about your question with the red band between them? Do you have a picture with the red band you painted over? Sorry to be dense but I've been mapping the Yak so my brain is gone. I'm heading in to watch a movie with Donna so I'll check back later.

No, I didn't take one ... I was trying to get too fancy ... I wanted a red band at the base of the canopy and between the blue on the turtle deck ... but, it was giving me fits, so I just opted to go with blue ... and forget the complicated CS ...

Enjoy the movie, and dont worry about it ...

Last edited:
Back