Techair Commander EP

No No No! You worked so hard on him he needs to stay. And I think he has even gone to flight school. Expand your horizons just a little. Have at least 1 plane with a pilot. 😁;)

Okay here's a beta I'd like to get your thoughts on how it fly's. I consider this a mild sport plane so I tried to create physics that fly's well but is easy to fly. Let me know your thoughts on "anything". I haven't mapped anything yet so this is just some baked-on colors.

Techair Commander EP 44.jpg

Attachments

• Techair Commander EP_EA.RFX
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
It's fun to fly! I like how you can skid the tail around if you want. My opinion do not change anything about the way it flies. I think this is going to be a good one. The size is nice.

It's fun to fly! I like how you can skid the tail around if you want. My opinion do not change anything about the way it flies. I think this is going to be a good one. The size is nice.
Okay great, thanks for checking it out for me. I wanted to make sure it was fast enough. I slowed it down from the others I've done recently but this plane seemed right a bit slower.

I did a little more work on the Commander so I thought I'd upload a beta I made for myself. I added a little more color so it looks nicer while you fly it. Everyone liked the physics so I didn't change them. So if you want a nicer looking plane you might want to grab it.

I reworked the cowl intake opening to look more like the real plane, it was a little too wide and a little too square.

Controls set for InterLink Elite

Flaps on Channel 6 knob
Smoke on Channel 7 switch

Techair Commander EP 45.jpg

Attachments

• Techair Commander EP_EA.RFX
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
It seems to fly really well, it is really fun to slow down to do touch and go's and practice landing. The roll rate seems a little slow to me compared to other planes of a similar low wing style and even some high wing trainers. I have the e-flite commander but haven't flown it yet, so I don't know if your version is comparable to it's roll rate or not. Overall I really like what you have done, I think it looks and flies excellent and can't wait to see the final version with a paint scheme.

It seems to fly really well, it is really fun to slow down to do touch and go's and practice landing. The roll rate seems a little slow to me compared to other planes of a similar low wing style. I have the e-flite commander but haven't flown it yet, so I don't know if your version is comparable to it's roll rate or not. Overall I really like what you have done, I think it looks and flies excellent and can't wait to see the final version with a paint scheme.
Yeah I wish someone with the e-flite commander would let me know about the roll rate. I did make it a little slow, but on purpose since I thought the real plane might be pretty docile. But I'd sure like some feedback from someone with the real plane.

Back