Technoid's Screen Shots

I put the panel lines on the booms yesterday then stopped for a break and just got back to it. This morning I added the rivets on the booms but still need to add the panel lines and rivets on the radiator bulges (not much work). Then the fuselage and probably a bit of tweaking after that, so I'm getting close.

I reduced the black outline stripe on the red tip stripes again so they're only 3 pixels wide now. All I wanted is a highlight stripe, not really showing much.

You trying to put my riveting company out of business? ....

Looking great techie ...

Ha. Not by a Long Shot. You put lots more rivets on than I'm doing but it looks good and that's all I'm going for.

No ... it looks FANTASTIC!

And when I get your files .... LOL ... I may do a Gary on them .... LOL

But from what I see ... there will be really no need ...

No ... it looks FANTASTIC!

And when I get your files .... LOL ... I may do a Gary on them .... LOL

But from what I see ... there will be really no need ...

Sure no biggie I expect you will. But like you say, it looks good the way it is. At least my old color scheme looks decent now. I'll probably stay with it for the release now that it looks good with panel lines and rivets. I'll probably release the other two I've done as add-ons. The D-day stripes and the Red Tails too.

I tweaked the color scheme a bit tonight I wasn't ready to do any more riveting quite yet. I know some like the eye shields on the booms but I may not put them on. I've went back and fourth a few times on them and will try them again after I finish the rivets. But I've been flying it tonight without them and I like it. I also tweaked the panel lines and rivets on the boom just a bit and modified the large access panel behind the radiator bulges. I made it much larger with rounded corners.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 48.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 48.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 18
I tweaked the color scheme a bit tonight I wasn't ready to do any more riveting quite yet. I know some like the eye shields on the booms but I may not put them on. I've went back and fourth a few times on them and will try them again after I finish the rivets. But I've been flying it tonight without them and I like it. I also tweaked the panel lines and rivets on the boom just a bit and modified the large access panel behind the radiator bulges. I made it much larger with rounded corners.

656964.gif

I added the panel lines and rivets on the fuselage today and did a bit of tweaking to the fuselage too. So here's two pictures for you and a beta so you can fly it with all the changes. Again, thanks to Doug for allowing me to use his panel lines and rivets as a template. It sure made doing to work a lot easier not having to research and place all of them the first time like he had to do. This is without the eye shield on the booms I'm still not sure how I'll release it for sure. DDawg I'll get you the CS files but I need to go over the plane again and see if I need to make any tweaks to it before I do that. But not long now.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 49.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 49.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 16
  • P-38L Lightning 50.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 50.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 13
  • P-38L Lightning_EA.RFX
    4 MB · Views: 14
Thanks for the latest beta Technoid, the color scheme looks great along with the panel lines and rivets.

Attachments

• Capture-6.jpg
    Capture-6.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Got a question for you guys. Leave the Nose Art Or Remove It. I have feelings both ways.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 51.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 51.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 29
Back