Technoid's Screen Shots

here is the Honey Bunny CS for technoid's P-38L the one that is showing light green reflections im RF for me at least just wanting others to see if they get the same thing , technoid suggested i upload it here just for that reason

If you have some time please grab Doug's CS and test it for us. We wanted to release my EA and his CS at the same time but this problem has stopped us in our tracks. The green splotches are pretty obvious if they're there. At first I saw them here and I reworked both of the files where the eye shields are and the problem went away here, but Doug still sees it there, so we wanted to see if it shows up for anyone else. So if you have a few minutes please install it and see what it looks like on your system.

here is the Honey Bunny CS for technoid's P-38L the one that is showing light green reflections im RF for me at least just wanting others to see if they get the same thing , technoid suggested i upload it here just for that reason

Fuzzy select the anti glare portion of the _s map in gimp and hit Ctrl+x

Attachments

• ScreenShot1532807286.jpg
    ScreenShot1532807286.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 10
Fuzzy select the anti glare portion of the _s map in gimp and hit Ctrl+x

I don't know if you looked at the file but when I reworked the spec map the area was many shades so I grabbed the whole area and colored it one shade. So unless something changed since then what you're talking about was done. And that's when it started looking okay on my system.

I don't know if you looked at the file but when I reworked the spec map the area was many shades so I grabbed the whole area and colored it one shade. So unless something changed since then what you're talking about was done. And that's when it started looking okay on my system.

I grabbed honey bunny and fixed the green and said what I did. Your's works fine on my computer

I grabbed honey bunny and fixed the green and said what I did. Your's works fine on my computer

I downloaded the latest CS from Doug's post and there were some bad areas in it again so I fixed them and sent him a new CS to test. Hopefully this will fix the problem he has there. After I fixed it the first time I couldn't see any green anymore, only Doug saw it. I'm wondering if it was loaded and saved again and got messed up. Other than that I must have missed some areas when I did it the first time. Anyway I fixed it again and sent it to Doug to test. He's out right now but will check it when he gets back. Opps I just got an email from him he's checking it out now. More to follow. <grin>

EDIT: Doug just emailed and said he still see's the green. I'm wondering if some way his RF is seeing an old version of that file? Got any ideas?

Last edited:
I downloaded the latest CS from Doug's post and there were some bad areas in it again so I fixed them and sent him a new CS to test. Hopefully this will fix the problem he has there. After I fixed it the first time I couldn't see any green anymore, only Doug saw it. I'm wondering if it was loaded and saved again and got messed up. Other than that I must have missed some areas when I did it the first time. Anyway I fixed it again and sent it to Doug to test. He's out right now but will check it when he gets back. Opps I just got an email from him he's checking it out now. More to follow. <grin>

EDIT: Doug just emailed and said he still see's the green. I'm wondering if some way his RF is seeing an old version of that file? Got any ideas?

I had the problem as well and then it was fixed with the procedure I posted about earlier
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2018-07-28 15_43_19-Window.jpg
    2018-07-28 15_43_19-Window.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 80
I had the problem as well and then it was fixed with the procedure I posted about earlier
attachment.php

Using Photoshop I selected the area 'around' all of the eye shields on the 'booms' and 'fuselage' and then set the fuzziness to '0' and selected the color. Of course that will show you all the areas that have 'that single' color and nothing else in the area you selected. In this case there was 'very few' areas that were NOT selected then I fixed those areas by deleting them and filling them with the base color. Then I did the selection process again and 'all' of the areas were selected perfectly which shows those areas are filled with 'a single color, the base color'. Which is the same thing you did but using a different method.

Why don't you upload your CS and let Doug test it, and hopefully it will fix the problem. But your way and my way should do the same thing, right?

The funny thing is the area in your picture looked fine here before I fixed the bad areas, no green at all here. And that's strange.

EDIT:

And here's a picture I took of Doug's CS that I downloaded from his forum post 'BEFORE' I fixed the bad areas in it, still no bad green areas. Before I fixed it the first time there were lots of bad green areas showing but ever since I fixed it the first time I've never seen any bad green areas. I wonder why you seen them on the CS you downloaded and I didn't? I tried it with and without shadows and the same thing, no bad green areas.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 62.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 62.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Using Photoshop I selected the area 'around' all of the eye shields on the 'booms' and 'fuselage' and then set the fuzziness to '0' and selected the color. Of course that will show you all the areas that have 'that single' color and nothing else in the area you selected. In this case there was 'very few' areas that were NOT selected then I fixed those areas by deleting them and filling them with the base color. Then I did the selection process again and 'all' of the areas were selected perfectly which shows those areas are filled with 'a single color, the base color'. Which is the same thing you did but using a different method.

Why don't you upload your CS and let Doug test it, and hopefully it will fix the problem. But your way and my way should do the same thing, right?

The funny thing is the area in your picture looked fine here before I fixed the bad areas, no green at all here. And that's strange.

EDIT:

And here's a picture I just took of Doug's CS I downloaded 'BEFORE' I fixed the bad areas in it, still no bad green areas. Before I fixed it the first time I had lots of bad green areas showing but ever since I fixed it the first time I've never seen any bad green areas. I wonder why you saw them on the CS you downloaded and I don't?

The base map is fine. On the _s map for mat colored areas like an anti glare panel or tire rubber should be completely transparent.

Attachments

• P-38L honey test_CS.RFX
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The base map is fine. On the _s map for mat colored areas like an anti glare panel or tire rubber should be completely transparent.

I was wondering if you just forgot to say you refilled it with the solid color. I just looked at your _s.tga and in the Alpha Layer where you cut Doug's value out it's not transparent but solid black. I did make the mistake of leaving his fairly light color there, and yeah that should fix it. Thanks!

Last edited:
I was wondering if you just forgot to say you refilled it with the solid color. So for the _s.tga and the eye shield areas. Are you saying the RGB layer AND the Alpha Layer of the _s.tga should be transparent? Or just one of them.. I think you mean both?

Wouldn't that just tell KE to use their default for those areas? And how did you find that out? Sorry lots of questions.

Now for my flat black eye shields both the RGB and the Alpha layers of the _s.tga have a value in them to control the Spec and Gloss values of that area. So if what you say works for his dull green why is my flat black with values in those areas working? This is strange to me. Did you get this from some KE tutorial or post? Sorry lots of questions but I want to understand it. Because my understanding is the RGB layer controls the specular level and the Alpha Layer controls the gloss level.

Real flight (I believe but am fairly sure of) uses the alpha channel on the _s map to represent the amount of light reflected (mirrored) off the surface or the more intense the reflection. The RGB channels describes the color add of the reflected light. So we are adding "black light" to the reflection. so if you are going for a lack of reflection use no color.

that fixed it thanks legoman i erased the transparent black from those areas

Attachments

• fixed P-38 CS .jpg
    fixed P-38 CS .jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Real flight (I believe but am fairly sure of) uses the alpha channel on the _s map to represent the amount of light reflected (mirrored) off the surface or the more intense the reflection. The RGB channels describes the color add of the reflected light. So we are adding "black light" to the reflection. so if you are going for a lack of reflection use no color.

Yes that's what I said, but differently. If you look at my _s.tga file I did it like you did your fix but for some reason I left Doug's Values the Same as he had them but only fixed the miss-matches in the different layers position wise, they didn't match and in the beginning the RGB layer color on the eye shield area on booms was a lot of different shades as it went across. I imagine Doug used a brush and it didn't paint at 100%. Anyway, again.. THANKS !

Yes that's what I said, but differently. If you look at my _s.tga file I did it like you did your fix but for some reason I left Doug's Values the Same as he had them but only fixed the miss-matches in the different layers position wise, they didn't match and in the beginning the RGB layer color on the eye shield area on booms was a lot of different shades as it went across. I imagine Doug used a brush and it didn't paint at 100%. Anyway, again.. THANKS !

probably i did use the paint brush i was getting so bugged at the problem with the eye shields Green that i tried lots of things , at any rate the CS is now fixed and ready to upload when the final P-38L Lightning is on the swaps thanks for all the help guys

probably i did use the paint brush i was getting so bugged at the problem with the eye shields Green that i tried lots of things , at any rate the CS is now fixed and ready to upload when the final P-38L Lightning is on the swaps thanks for all the help guys

I've always done my releases on Friday or Saturday so I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Ha everyone here has a beta so it doesn't really matter. And DDawg has the final CS files so he can work on his CS too. If the EA's didn't get covered up so fast I'd release it during the week, but by the time the weekend gets here my EA would be long gone. Which is why I like Saturday morning these days. I sure wish they had a separate area for EAs. So I suppose this coming Saturday morning is it.

I've always done my releases on Friday or Saturday so I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Ha everyone here has a beta so it doesn't really matter. And DDawg has the final CS files so he can work on his CS too. If the EA's didn't get covered up so fast I'd release it during the week, but by the time the weekend gets here my EA would be long gone. Which is why I like Saturday morning these days. I sure wish they had a separate area for EAs. So I suppose this coming Saturday morning is it.

Yeah, it would be nicer if they separated the EA, CS and AP by separate listings ... and they do ... but ... it can be obfuscated to some ... and the sorting could use help too ...

Anyway ... thanks for the files ... I have be side-tracked on another non-flying project ... but I will be back ...

Technoid and Doug's CS work perfect in RF-X, no green areas, but in RF 7.5 Doug's had the green problem.
Great information on the s_tga Legoman, nice fix.

Technoid and Doug's CS work perfect in RF-X, no green areas, but in RF 7.5 Doug's had the green problem.
Great information on the s_tga Legoman, nice fix.

thanks for your input and yes it did have the light green showing in RF 7.5 but the new fixed version is good to go

Back