The Citabria Aerobatic Pro Thread

First rough draft .... still needs some work ... but not too bad .... just trying to get a feel for this layout ... cowl paint is too far back ... but I have my reasons for it ATM ...
turtle deck pant comes back too far ... top and bottom first ray still about 5 pixels off ... it's getting there ...

Attachments

• CAP-L.jpg
    CAP-L.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 7
  • CAP-R.jpg
    CAP-R.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
  • CAP-T.png
    CAP-T.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 8
  • CAP-B.png
    CAP-B.png
    391.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
99.99% painted

Attachments

• CAP-L-2.jpg
    CAP-L-2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 15
  • CAP-R-2.jpg
    CAP-R-2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 13
  • CAP-F.png
    CAP-F.png
    350.7 KB · Views: 12
  • CAP-REAR.png
    CAP-REAR.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 12
Have you done the spec yet? Looks a little mirrory.

Oh, anyone want the physics on this? My schedule hasn't been letting me work on it, and it just got worse.

Have you done the spec yet? Looks a little mirrory.

Oh, anyone want the physics on this? My schedule hasn't been letting me work on it, and it just got worse.

no Spec-map, made after CS is done
no Normal map, made after CS is 100%

Played with the physics some ... getting it closer to the actual flying model ... but, I am not no physics guru ... not in RF8 software, but do understand how to set up a RC plane in real life ... sometimes they actually fly - more than once

I have to look over the paint again ... some things I want to discuss. :confused:
Minor issues ... and I would guess 98% of anyone flying it would notice ... :)
(unless they're a perfectionist like myself when I do stuff).

And few other minor touches ... and a couple of head scratchers ...

Attachments

• CAP-WITH SPEC MAP.jpg
    CAP-WITH SPEC MAP.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 8
Go to engine to show and change between 2 and 4 stroke. You'll get either single or double seater

Well, that is cool ... and it answered one riddle and caused me another ... lol

I understand now why I didn't see the inside of the front cockpit painted ... because it was the hatch cover ... LOL

Now I have no Idea how or where the front cockpit is to paint it .... lol

Attachments

• CAP-single seater.jpg
    CAP-single seater.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
You know, that might be an oversight on my part. I bet it's unpaintable right now.

well, I know the hatch cover is ... lol ... which is a good thing ... I think ...

I got it flying really close to what mine used to fly like ... power wise as well ... set to fly level at 2/3rds throttle @ neutral trim ...

Changed the airfoil to what it is in the kit and in real life, a NACA1412 ... that also made a difference.
In addition, the top & bottom and Side to side airfoils for the fuselage, and the vertical fin airfoil.
The flying weight is very close now to my plane's weight. CG is set fairly close to neutral, could be moved back some if you want it touchier ... but where it's now is a really nice sunday flier setting.

I am trying to figure out on how to set up so you can have dual rates for all controls, and differential for the ailerons ... I don't know if thats in the physics editing part, or if that is in another file?

I would think I should be able to edit that somewhere?

This plane is looking better every time I goof around with it ... Makes me want to go to the field and fly mine again ... I forgot how much fun this plane was to fly ...

Last edited:
It's now up to ABaser as to when it is released ....

It's a flyer ... but still need to know how to apply differential settings and dual rates ....
Found dual rate settings but had no affect. Is this a function build in by the designer's plane import process?

Last edited:
Those things are setup in the radio section of the editor if I'm not mistaken.

And I'll release this as soon as i can get a couple issues checked out on the map. Thanks for your help.

Those things are setup in the radio section of the editor if I'm not mistaken.

And I'll release this as soon as i can get a couple issues checked out on the map. Thanks for your help.

I finally figured it all out ... works really good once I took my brain out of the way ...

You have MAIL !!!

It works and flies sweeter than before .... both in low and High rates ...

It's a flyer ... but still need to know how to apply differential settings and dual rates ....
Found dual rate settings but had no affect. Is this a function build in by the designer's plane import process?

Just viewed your video, the Citabria fly's real nice.
Thanks to Abaser for an excellent model, and thanks Ddawg for a great looking paint job. I will be monitoring the swap pages for release.
Differentials can be set in physics.

Attachments

• differential.jpg
    differential.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 8

Nice video thanks, the plane looks great.. thanks go out to abaser and you for the plane,

DDawg.. What Airfield are you flying in that video?

Nice video thanks, the plane looks great.. thanks go out to abaser and you for the plane,

DDawg.. What Airfield are you flying in that video?

I thought it was one I was doing, but I was wrong ...

that is the TOMCATs Flying field down in Morgan Hill "Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark" (I used to belong to that club a long time ago) ...
comes with RF7.5 or, maybe it was RF8

Back