The last model the swaps will see from me.

Oh yes I have ....

I thought you did this for yourself?
For you to say that it had nothing to do with the ratings is IMO disingenuous ................... The Title and FIRST line of the OP says otherwise....................
I'm not denying it has something to do with the ratings. What I said was that the the guy that rated me a 1 had nothing to do with this decision.
Look Maj you are a skilled twister of words and I'm not going to sit here and pick through every line I can looking for contradiction, but there was a time not that long ago when you made statements very similar to mine. Can you remember back then? Well I'm dedicated to my stance that the ratings system should be taken down or fixed and I'm not going to subject my work to disrespectful children anymore. I respect myself and my time more than that. Other people here have done the same thing. Maybe the reason is a bit different but it's still out of respect for their invested time and creative property.
I thought of you when I composed the OP. Knowing that the majority of the brow beating would come from you. Thanks for always being predictable.:)

A thousand people (probably more) will download and love your model. But that seems to be nothing compared to 1 or 2 or 3 people who want to rattle your cage. Let it go, man. It's not even that they don't appreciate you. They are looking for a reaction. Guess what reaction they are looking for?

I for one REALLY hated to see this post. After such an excellent release of a beautiful piece of work. I hope you will change your mind as time goes on.

I do think that change is necessary in the rating system. I just don't know how to do it properly. One number never provides enough information. I was thinking of a format where it took the user about 5 minutes to fill it out, never anonymously, and covered several aspects of the work. #of downloads is far more meaningful to me but that has a lot to do with the inherent popularity of the aircraft itself.

Another big issue really is that allot of regular posting members with respected opinions such as yourself do not rate or comment or even say boo about models being released. It's just the kiddies out there with no idea of the time sacrifice involved. This is why I was thinking of a swaps thread here in the forum. Many positives in that idea. People who's opinion carry weight would more likely download and give feedback which could then be responded to (constructive), no ratings system, and the power to pull a model for whatever reason and repost later even though it has child files posted. Most of the trouble makers would most likely not even know of it's existence because they don't even enter the forums. This idea would not work for a single designer it would have to be adopted by most of the designers. I think that would kick KE in the pants as an act of solidarity. I know this won't happen so I just made a decision to stop uploading. Which won't affect any of the people responding to this thread anyway. I guess I could have went about this privately but there would have been questions eventually I think. So whatever it is what it is.:)

A thousand people (probably more) will download and love your model. But that seems to be nothing compared to 1 or 2 or 3 people who want to rattle your cage. Let it go, man. It's not even that they don't appreciate you. They are looking for a reaction. Guess what reaction they are looking for?

I guess a big rant and throwing a fit. Is that what you think I'm doing? At this point I'm just defending myself and my decision. I don't know why you care anyways you said you don't have even one model in RF from other modelers. That you only use it as a test bed for your own stuff. This decision won't affect you in the least.

boof
I did not twist your words I quoted you.......... bottom line this is about ratings
Yes
I have said some of the same things in the past.........
But I and I believe others here have just got to the point were we have given up the rating system on any fixes to come a long time ago
and have learned to ignore it and let it go ........This stupid issue has already cost us one very helpful ,knowledgeable talented iduvidual
and dont want to loose another one over it
I just hate to see you get so rattled over whats really not that important in the big picture

Haven't you guys noticed that I rarely rate EA files anymore?
I'm just not going to participate rating ON the swap page...
And Because I usually tell the author what I think in the build thread any how
at least he still gets the input/comment I may have left there anyhow

This is why I was thinking of a swaps thread here in the forum. Many positives in that idea. People who's opinion carry weight would more likely download and give feedback which could then be responded to (constructive), no ratings system, and the power to pull a model for whatever reason and repost later even though it has child files posted. Most of the trouble makers would most likely not even know of it's existence because they don't even enter the forums. This idea would not work for a single designer it would have to be adopted by most of the designers.

Funny I was thinking the SAME thing this morning !.......:D
Is it possible to have a private or password protected thread open only to designers?
Maybe one for EAs and established 3d modelers
One for CS's and so on
that way the input would be more valuable as its coming from your peers in your respective endeavors

Last edited:
It would be a great idea if others would be interested but I've asked some of the others and they're not.

It would be a great idea if others would be interested but I've asked some of the others and they're not.

Sort of off topic but not really: Who are the active modelers around here now days? They seem to be few and far between compared to 4-5 years ago.

Sad but true .....the good thing is the ones left standing are VERY Talented....speaking of pplace ........when we gonna see something new from you?
hugh ?
hugh ?
when ?
I want it now ! hugh ?:p

Jeff,Andy,Madratter,And myself. Plus a couple newcomers Jed sanders and Fly_electric. OneeyeJack posts models 3 just recently. Nizz posts up models. I think that's about it I may be leaving someone out too.

Sad but true .....the good thing is the ones left standing are VERY Talented....speaking of pplace ........when we gonna see something new from you?
hugh ?
hugh ?
when ?
I want it now ! hugh ?:p

No future models from me....not for the reasons people would assume. During my Sig Rascal build, I lost everything on my home PC. Since I spent too much time on the computer anyway, I decided not to replace it with another....so now I just log on the wife's laptop and use it occasionaly.

Boof, me, abaser and madratter would be the most active EA providers. I'd have to look through the swaps to find who else. Oneeyejack provides content as well.

To me, Reggie is a kid who will never change. I think he's only part of the problem here. Seriously, how much trouble has that kid caused here, under all of his identities? Too many to count, that's for sure.

Amen!! I'm not really actively modeling anymore per se but am active in helping other's with physics and another set of eyes. Mostly, I have run out of modeling subjects that pique my interest. Nothing to do with the swap ratings... I got over that one a long while ago. I have what I like and other stuff like the Goblin have made me interested in those subjects but not enough to go out and buy the model. I flew the Goblin. Crashed it several times. I'm just not a heli guy. I'm a scale builder. 12oclock and dhk can verify that. I've been inspired by other modeler's subjects including your own! I now have an incredibly fast chester goon that I am loving! Thanks a million for that! I love the sim because it makes me think. motor combos, model size, etc. It helps me with my REAL WORLD modeling, which I do so much more of now. I've even been contacted by Chad Veich to build his Hellcat in foam. May get to it at some point but do I listen to club members at the field who dont like my models? No. I fly them and build them just the same.

In short I respect any decision you make because hey, its your life. Just trying to sway you back because of the tremendous positive feedback a modeler rarely seems to get around here as of late.

You quit Cold Turkey :eek:...
Thanks for sharing pplace
:p

Not by choice this time. I'll admit I went through the getting sick of ratings, etc. and would come and go from modeling (never as active as I was the first time I started) However, the loss of the computer / files.....sure made my decision final!

Amen!! I'm not really actively modeling anymore per se but am active in helping other's with physics and another set of eyes. Mostly, I have run out of modeling subjects that pique my interest. Nothing to do with the swap ratings... I got over that one a long while ago. I have what I like and other stuff like the Goblin have made me interested in those subjects but not enough to go out and buy the model. I flew the Goblin. Crashed it several times. I'm just not a heli guy. I'm a scale builder. 12oclock and dhk can verify that. I've been inspired by other modeler's subjects including your own! I now have an incredibly fast chester goon that I am loving! Thanks a million for that! I love the sim because it makes me think. motor combos, model size, etc. It helps me with my REAL WORLD modeling, which I do so much more of now. I've even been contacted by Chad Veich to build his Hellcat in foam. May get to it at some point but do I listen to club members at the field who dont like my models? No. I fly them and build them just the same.

In short I respect any decision you make because hey, its your life. Just trying to sway you back because of the tremendous positive feedback a modeler rarely seems to get around here as of late.

I'm happy to hear you tried the Goblin. I wouldn't think you would have judging from your comment early in the build. Thanks for wishing me luck on the physics by the way. It may have helped...:p
I appreciate the respectful approach you took in this post. I know and knew I would be alone in this way of thinking but It's just how I feel. I could act like this stuff doesn't bother me but I'm not fake about stuff like that(I am not implying that anyone else is faking by saying this). I'm making a personal stand and being true to my own feelings in this matter.
P.S. Do you have any recent videos of the Goon? Love to see one where you have the bugs worked out.

I am tired of the issues with the KE swaps page and how it protects the malicious and not the people that work on these models for hundreds of hours. Not to mention the cry babies that want it now! The ones who don't want to upgrade and expect me to create special versions for the old version they refuse to upgrade from. I'm tired of caring about how models will do and then being brow beaten for caring.

I will still be here for any of the modelers that are up and coming because I enjoy that immensely. I will still post regularly but KE has seen it's last model from me unless something drastic changes. Like the rating system is dropped or names of raters are revealed.

I thought about a designers swap page here in the forum but I don't think anyone but I would post there.

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I hate to see it, but I sure understand it.

Personally, my little bit to try and do something about the broken ratings system is my little modelers choice thread. But that can only highlight a very few of the many deserving models out there.

Know this, I enjoy your models immensely. And you have been a huge help to me in terms of learning to model. Thanks!

Thanks MR and I will continue to help of coarse. Thanks.:) I take it the surgery went well?

Last edited:
Back