Top Flight Taurus

4engines

Does anybody know if there is a Top Flight Taurus available for R.F. 3.5? It's a great model and it would be great for R.F. Could one of the designer's make up one for R.F.? Thanks.

If that model is publicly available, it'd be on the swap pages. If you are really requesting one (outside of the actual request thread), you should at least do the leg work of finding good 3-views, along with specs and dimensions. Why make a modeler do ALL the work? Many of these modelers (who only do this for fun, on their own time) got their start because they had a plane they wanted to be modeled. There are plenty of threads here to help you get started.

Last edited:
Naw the "Taurus" is a classic R/C model. Post up a 3 view and i'll make it.

Attachments

• Top_Flight_adv.jpg
    Top_Flight_adv.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
heeleycopter,

I have just read your post and it's great that you will design it. I have the 3 view plan and picture but can't figure out how to send it. Can you give me some direction on sending it to you. Can I send it by e-mail? Thanks.

Frank

Heeleycopter,

I just figured out how to send the attachment. Here is the 3 view plan. I hope this will work out for you. Thanks again.

Attachments

• plans & 3 view.jpg
    plans & 3 view.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 91
I got the basic craft modelled today. I decided I am going to model a custom "classic" engine for it and do the "Ed Kazmirski" colorscheme from the early 60's. He is an R/C legend afterall.

Attachments

• Ej14039.jpg
    Ej14039.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Ur52369.jpg
    Ur52369.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 47
  • render01.jpg
    render01.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Heeleycopter,

I think that's great that you're doing the classic engine and classic paint scheme. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Taurus progress for day 2. Paint is almost complete, controls are all cut and configured, landing gear is modelled and Ed's AMA card is under the canopy. Still need to model an engine and might do pilot figure.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Heeleycopter,

You totally amaze me at the superb work you've done on the Taurus. That's the nicest model....can't wait!

Thanks 4engines ;) I found out that what I thought was "dark blue" in the trimscheme is actually "black". Thanks to the guys over at rcuniverse

Attachments

• Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 52
I've not worked on it for a couple of days, will probably finish it tommorow or next day. The problem is I don't have anybody lined up to do the flight physics for g3.5, any takers?

Heeleycopter,

You've done a great job on the Taurus. It turned out really nice. I just hope one of the designers can do the flight physics for the Taurus. Believe me, everyone won't believe what they're flying. It's one of the nicest flying models, so one of you designers out there you would make everyone's day by finishing the flight physics for the Taurus.

Back