Top Flight Taurus

flexible said:
Jeff, the way they did those wings back then, and some still do today. They were built flat, up side down on a table. Load a temp object, scale up on x, then place it flush with the top of all the length of the wing, as a sthight edge. Keep it flush in the center of the wing, then move the tips up or down untill stright from tip to tip on top of wing. Thebottom will be right.

I've heard of this method before :)

Hab said:
I've heard of this method before :)
Actually about ready to start another plane which calls for this method - "Midwest / Hal DeBolt Pattern Master". Wing is built one piece, inverted, on a dihedral jig platform that has to made using 5/8" ply. A block is cut; (ripped) for center to set dihedral. Interesting :)

Last edited:
The thread on the Taurus starts some time ago and has (to say the least) taken many turns and twists....

OK, it is now 2012. With proper respect to everyone involved, what is the present state of the Taurus model?? What can we do to help bring it to the swaps?

Thanks

Load the EA from post 79 then the AV from 85. That"s about as good as your going to get right now ;)

The original guy who was going to build it has (Lets say a checkered past and been banned for it under many different aliases)

Last edited:
Thanks Norton.

It's sad the original work ended and all the events surrounding it. Kudos to JB for picking up the gauntlet and making the 2nd version. Have both the EA and AV already, and was just wondering where progress is right now (status of file(s), who has them, etc).
I was going to pursue using the Taurus as a first CS learning project, thinking it would be a good CS & GIMP challenge and perhaps offer it on the swaps, as there are probably others who would like to see this plane fully in RF. However, the plane is not presently in a GIMP usable state (not mapped if I understand the terminology correctly), so another will have to be found.

Back