Transformer

No idea what happened. D/L & imported OK. When selected, & loaded, both wheels & floats were down. Wandered down runway, completely unresponsive to InterLink-X, even though the Radio gadget showed the sticks/switches moving. Reset aircraft using the button on the controller - still unresponsive, wandered off again. Loaded Trident - flew fine. Reloaded Transformer - also flew fine, all controls responded properly. I didn't think to do a screen shot until after second select/load, which had odd errors on screen.
View attachment 136023
Thanks for the report. What version of RF are you using? I also use the InterLink-X even though I list the InterLink Elite when I say how the controls are setup. The InterLink Elite and InterLink-X are the same as far as the InterLink Elite controls are concerned and some folks don't even know about the InterLink-X, that's why I use the interLink Elite in the Controls setup text. Please let me know if it happens again.

I still have RF 8 and RF 7.5 installed so I'll test it there and see if I have any problems.

RF8. As soon as the aircraft appeared on the runway, it taxied down the runway & eventually disappeared into the distance. No response to any control inputs from the X, even though the onscreen radio gadget showed the sticks moving. I even tried unplugging the controller & plugging it back in with no response.

RF8. As soon as the aircraft appeared on the runway, it taxied down the runway & eventually disappeared into the distance. No response to any control inputs from the X, even though the onscreen radio gadget showed the sticks moving.
Thanks. That sounds like the controller wasn't detected, that's what mine does when it can't find the controller. I'm just getting ready to test it in RF8 and RF 7.5.

If the controller wasn't detected, why would the radio gadget show the sticks moving properly? And The Trident did respond properly to control movements even though the Transformer did not. It was just weird. I doubt that we'll ever really know what happened.

If the controller wasn't detected, why would the radio gadget show the sticks moving properly? And The Trident did respond properly to control movements even though the Transformer did not. It was just weird. I doubt that we'll ever really know what happened.
I don't know I didn't think to test that. But I just installed it in RF 8 and RF 7.5 and it worked fine. BUT.. here's what I did to test it. I loaded another plane, and it loaded fine. Then I unplugged my InterLink-X and then loaded Transformer. When it appeared the floats where half-way down and the engine was running above idle so the plane went fairly slow down the runway. Is that what your's did, floats half-way down? Oh and it did the same thing in RF 7.5, that is if Ioaded another plane and unplugged the InterLink-Elite and then loaded the Transformer it appeared with the floats half-way down and went down the runway. So both RF 8 and RF 7.5 did the same thing with the InterLink unplugged.

Sounds like exactly what happened to me. I don't remember EXACTLY when I unplugged/replugged my X. I THINK it was after I reset the Transformer using the reset button on the X and before I loaded the Trident, but I'm not SURE. But I AM sure I saw the sticks on the radio gadget move while the Transformer was wandering around with no control. I guess I need to do some experiments, too. I haven't tried it with 7.5 or with my Elite. But I know that 7.5 doesn't recognize the X. I keep the X plugged into my desktop & pretty much only use the Elite with my laptop if I'm travelling. Now that I think about it more, I think my desktop went to sleep with the X plugged in & RF actually running in the background. Maybe the X just didn't re-initialize properly when I woke it up this morning. That probably explains it. It probably isn't worth worrying about, and probably isn't anything actually wrong with the Transformer.

Last edited:
Sounds like exactly what happened to me. I don't remember EXACTLY when I unplugged/replugged my X. I THINK it was after I reset the Transformer using the reset button on the X and before I loaded the Trident, but I'm not SURE. But I AM sure I saw the sticks on the radio gadget move while the Transformer was wandering around with no control. I guess I need to do some experiments, too. I haven't tried it with 7.5 or with my Elite. But I know that 7.5 doesn't recognize the X. I keep the X plugged into my desktop & pretty much only use the Elite with my laptop if I'm travelling. Now that I think about it more, I think my desktop went to sleep with the X plugged in & RF actually running in the background. Maybe the X just didn't re-initialize properly when I woke it up this morning. That probably explains it. It probably isn't worth worrying about, and probably isn't anything actually wrong with the Transformer.
Okay great, thanks for the info!

Loaded and ran fine for me. Flies nice. The land and water idea is quite unique.đź‘Ť
Thanks. I got the idea for Transformer while I was flying a @FederFlyer airport named Middle Earth 2. There was a lot of landing spots and a lot of water so it hit me it would be cool to be able to land anywhere. And that's the first place I flew Transformer. A silly plane but it was fun making it work.

I like to fly with the gear up, the plane just looks better to me that way. So I just created a version of the Transformer that uses the Channel 8 3 position switch to control the gear and floats. So if anyone is interested in it I can upload another beta.

GEAR DOWN - Channel 8 3 Position Switch Backward
GEAR AND FLOATS RETRACTED - Channel 8 3 Position Switch Centered
FLOATS DOWN - Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward

SMOKE - Channel 7 Switch

I would definitely be interested in it. I was just flying it at the Sharks Bay airport of mine. 3D MOFO and I were flying online the other day and was thinking exactly what you just mentioned. Yes please I'm interested.

I would definitely be interested in it. I was just flying it at the Sharks Bay airport of mine. 3D MOFO and I were flying online the other day and was thinking exactly what you just mentioned. Yes please I'm interested.
Okay I'll put something together soon. Right now it's just a separate physics file that's not integrated in the main build. So after I do that I'll upload another beta.

I just finished tweaking the physics. I made the float rudders rotate up when the float is retracted so you can't see them sticking down. I did a fresh build and will check it out and then update another beta.

Back