Upgrade costs?

jeff_edge540

I understand why you had to make it a full version (3.5 -4.0) upgrade. There is no way you could call it 3.x without supporting the add-ons.

However, I don't see this as a significant upgrade in functionality or usability. A significant rebate would be required for me to move up to 4.0 from 3.5.

$30 - $50 is probably all I would trade for this upgrade.

Sheez the product hasn't even been released and the naysayers are already coming out of the woodwork.... from a first post user no less...

( someone who came here just to moan... )

C'mon get a bit more rational....

You don't HAVE to buy it if you object to the upgrade costs.

For me, my wallet is already open however as the improvements look quite nice.

propaganda post

this has to be a propaganda post.
How can anyone comment on the Upgrade functionality without knowing what has been changed. :mad:

Let me Guess. You work for Phoenix? or ??

PS.
Its not an Upgrade.
its a new base.
that's why Add on packs do not work for the now.

The audacity of some people :rolleyes:

Bryce.
Grits his teeth.

heck im ready to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the moment you dont even know the price, slow down man :eek:

After spending almost 500 bucks on this simulator and all of the add ons and expansion packs and you cannot make all of it work, WTF. I'll say this now, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE ALOT OF SUPPORT FOR THIS PRODUCT from the people that have have made you money and have kept you in business and you know it. Granted you have alot of new features and is a completely new program, but I think it's not going to work to your benefit. Take for example MICROSOFT. Do honestly think that if Bill Gates would have made WINDOWS XP and not made it backward compatible he would still be in business? You have lost your minds. If, and only if, you included EVERY aircraft and field included in all of the ADD-ONS would I even consider purchasing G4. I'm sorry to say that you will lose more than just the support of your current consumer base, you will take a HUGE hit in your wallets. I'd rather spend the money on a REAL R/C plane and crash it and it will cost me LESS money! I've been flying for over a decade now and it has cost me less money to do that than it has to buy this program and all of the computers and upgrades to run it! As far as I'm concerned, you have lost a customer and most likely alot more than you will ever imagine. I'm going to stick with what I have now and if given the choice, I will buy a different program. Thank you for a great program but do not look forward to me being a repeat customer. And thank you to all of the guys that spend countless hours of their own time to provide us with the planes and fields that you do not pay for. I bid farewell.

Hmm, Maybe I should cry too...........

I just bought the 3.5 1month ago!

So I have to buy it all again or get oh, let's say $30 "Trade in" for my $250 worth of outdated sim?

:mad:

Some of us are NOT made of money

Shotgun

HX3D014 said:
this has to be a propaganda post.

I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine why else someone would go out of their way to register only to whine in a single post. Course, I normally just sit and watch, but here I am with my first post so I guess I can't really point fingers.

At any rate, I don't quite agree with the people who complain about having just bought G3.5, and now they "have" to upgrade. You don't have to upgrade. I use G3.5 as a tool for getting better at piloting, and I love it. Just because they came out with something bigger and better doesn't de-value G3.5. G3.5 still does what i need (and already does it better than anything else out there, in my opinion). I don't think G4 is going to change that.

Sorry to rant, I just can't stand it when companies make new software and all people can say is "HOW DARE YOU MAKE A NEW PRODUCT?!". I've seen it happen before and it never gets any less ridiculous.

Last edited:
1942 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine why else someone would go out of their way to register only to whine in a single post. Course, I normally just sit and watch, but here I am with my first post so I guess I can't really point fingers.

At any rate, I don't quite agree with the people who complain about having just bought G3.5, and now they "have" to upgrade. You don't have to upgrade. I use G3.5 as a tool for getting better at piloting, and I love it. Just because they came out with something bigger and better doesn't de-value G3.5. G3.5 still does what i need (and already does it better than anything else out there, in my opinion). I don't think G4 is going to change that.

Sorry to rant, I just can't stand it when companies make new software and all people can say is "HOW DARE YOU MAKE A NEW PRODUCT?!". I've seen it happen before and it never gets any less ridiculous.
Can I add you to my Buddy List :D .

you sound like a very smart and Down to earth Person. I bet if you happened to fall over in a shopping mall. You would not even consider a law suit against the Mall. Probably just get up and Say. Oh. Silly me. I should be more careful. :)

I like the sounds of you.

Let me give you a Round of Applause
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Good on you on you first Post.
Welcome, I wish more "sensible people" like you would "speak up". Put the other wingers to rest ;)

Bryce.

ShotgunTC88 said:
So I have to buy it all again or get oh, let's say $30 "Trade in" for my $250 worth of outdated sim?

:mad:

Who says you "HAVE" to buy it all over again? :mad:

Oh, wait YOU DO! :mad:

Why?

Because you now consider 3.5 "outdated"... :(

Hmm... I'm still running 3.5 and will do so until I get G4...

I don't see how G3.5 is "outdated" yet.

Such is the nature of computers, cars, electronics, etc.

The day after you purchase something, something better comes along.

Why moan about it... :mad:

Let's see... The DAY AFTER I purchased my Funtana 90S, Hangar 9 released the Funtana 100X and discontinued support and parts for the Funtana 90S.

That's happened to me on 3 or more planes thus far.

I fly them until they break. Then I replace them. Big deal.

I was not born in this country but I have been here long enough to learn one simple principle ... there is no love or fairness in buisness.
Don't you guys see it?
It's just business like any other one and whatever KE has in mind is absolutely up to them.
Do not like it? Do not buy it ... very simple.
They are not taking away your old software and Controllers, do they?
They are coming with new base that might not support older ones ... is it so uncommon on the market?
Have you ever run on the device that after some time you can not get a replacement parts for and you are forced to buy a brand new one?
I am not trying to start an argument but I had to share my opinion with you :)

Andrzej

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about "the addons won't work with G4". who says they won't make some sort of download or something so that the addons will work? as I recall, the addons are for G2 and I have 3 of the 5 of them in G3.5 without any problems. why don't you wait and see what happens before you start crying.

Why moan about it...

Let's see... The DAY AFTER I purchased my Funtana 90S, Hangar 9 released the Funtana 100X and discontinued support and parts for the Funtana 90S.

I did not know that opjose was writing the response at the same time I did :D
It's just not my fantasy ... it's real life.

Andrzej

Last edited:
JimNC54271 said:
After spending almost 500 bucks on this simulator and all of the add ons and expansion packs and you cannot make all of it work, WTF. I'll say this now, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE ALOT OF SUPPORT FOR THIS PRODUCT from the people that have have made you money and have kept you in business and you know it.

Actually it works just fine.

You cannot make it work on your substandard, infected or fouled up computer.

That's a completely different matter more suitable for the support forums.

JimNC54271 said:
Granted you have alot of new features and is a completely new program, but I think it's not going to work to your benefit.

Well you know what they say about opinions...

JimNC54271 said:
Take for example MICROSOFT. Do honestly think that if Bill Gates would have made WINDOWS XP and not made it backward compatible he would still be in business?

Hmmm. 16 bit Windows business apps didn't run very well in XP. Most businesses were forced to upgrade.

A lot of people complained, but Gates is still rich.

JimNC54271 said:
You have lost your minds.

I think you have.

JimNC54271 said:
If, and only if, you included EVERY aircraft and field included in all of the ADD-ONS would I even consider purchasing G4.

That's what YOU will do. Well fine then. Don't worry, be happy.

Why post it here?

JimNC54271 said:
I'm sorry to say that you will lose more than just the support of your current consumer base, you will take a HUGE hit in your wallets.

Wrong...

If that were true no one would EVERY come out with a new product, as customers would be complaining about the new model year cars, etc.

JimNC54271 said:
I'd rather spend the money on a REAL R/C plane and crash it and it will cost me LESS money!

You must fly VERY cheap toy planes...

JimNC54271 said:
I've been flying for over a decade now and it has cost me less money to do that than it has to buy this program and all of the computers and upgrades to run it!

Wow you've flown ONE cheap plane for a decade! Congrats!

JimNC54271 said:
As far as I'm concerned, you have lost a customer and most likely alot more than you will ever imagine.

Well that's not correct either, you've already stated you are going to stick with G3.5 so there is no "customer loss"...

JimNC54271 said:
I'm going to stick with what I have now

I just said that...

But strangely you've said that G3.5 doesn't "work". Obviously it is working fine for you if you are going to stick with it... Hmmm... not very logical....

JimNC54271 said:
and if given the choice, I will buy a different program.

So why aren't you complaining about the cost of this "different" program instead.

That will be yet another expense for you if you go that route.

Or complain to THAT company that now you will have to purchase THEIR software...

Then you can later moan at the other company when they decide to produce a better version too.

JimNC54271 said:
Thank you for a great program but do not look forward to me being a repeat customer.

And that may be a GOOD thing in your case.

JimNC54271 said:
And thank you to all of the guys that spend countless hours of their own time to provide us with the planes and fields that you do not pay for.

I bid farewell.

The only thing you like are those things that "you do not pay for".

No loss for KE then.

Farewell, bon-voyage.

Last edited:
Have to agree with that wait and see what happens. Lets see ther was Nitendo then there was Nitendo 64 then another one and another one. I think its good that Knife edge is finally doing like the rest of the gaming industry.

Maybe they will catch up. I started out with an Atari 2600 and then there was a commodore 64 then the commodore amiga. Since the begining of computers and gaming machines there have been advancments.

eventually they will have a flight sim that will look like you have a real rc airplane and the graphics will be so real it will look like a movie. in 10 maybe 20 years who now maybe sooner.

But yes not alot of people have the money to upgrade, I for one wont i have all the add ons to this sim all the expansions. about the only thing i may do is get another interlink controller as mine seems to be wearing out. I have has this sim for 2 years started out as G3 and thats what i have.

And when i have to reload all the software because of a clitch i have to upgrade to G3.5 to play on most the field in multiplayer. But its a great simulator and i must have dumped over 500 dollars into it. :rolleyes:

You make a choice and make the best of it. I wont get rid of this sim i have to much invested. But that doesnt mean that someday i wont get G4. But i will still use this one even if i did get the new one.

i have computers that are way out of date that i bought over 10 years ago and thousands of dollars in software for them still use them. They run on windows 98 and wont run anything higher but are still very good machines.

thats the problem with our society to wastefull. You would be suprised how many people out there would give anything to have a simulator of any kind and cant afford one. Quit whining its not going to do any good. :mad:

Started out on Atari 2600.... I still have mine lol. I'd love to grab a copy of 4 but I know I need a new comp first I've had this thing since before G2 came out .

Does anyone know what the rebate will be? Not just a fly off the handle guess.

Back