What would you like to see in RF7?

There could be an obstacle course 'Game' that requires you to make it through all of the rings in order to finish. It could also be used in multiplayer for racing.

Twice the sim has gotten stuck in multimode both times defaults had to be restored. I would like to see an update.

And .PNG files as an avalable format for textures.:)

Last edited:
More Canyon flying

More in generated Canyon flying adding caves with exits, narrow knife-edge required slots, and obstacle course type of twisting with and without dodging rocks.

G7 Simulated BUDDY BOX instructor

Buddy Box auto G7 "instructor":
1. Single stick (Aileron and elevator) control option for new to flight public. Throttlehold
2. Instructor stops: to high, to far, out of sight, to low, and crash imminent. Flight control returned to user with count down 3, 2, 1 when level and straight flight resumed.
3. Instructor at time out puts aircraft in holding pattern awaiting next student.
4. Instructor full initial intro to flight demo showing up close chase view aircraft motions to stick inputs for roll, pitch, and yaw. It could continue with a chase view and stick input graphics showing a right turn then left turn from enter to exit straight.
5. Instructor explains, suggests, and awards more control range (runway low pass) to application recognizing flight box pattern ability by waypoint accomplishments. May continue if low pass (es) occur over the runway would allow ground contact for landing.
6. Instructor in control indicator like hue or other.

Last edited:
Combat (warbirds)
a broader selection of aircraft.
The ME-109 buy KE,
Boof69s Corsair.
Combat (jets)
F-86
Mig-15
Combat (Biplanes)
MORE PLANES!!!

This should go for
all the MP games.

It should have Heli combat as well.

More static vehicles that explode when shot.
(I know about the gas trucks, Knife Edge!)

a broader selection in general of static objects.

The ability to make our own ambience (sound) emiter sounds.

Last edited:
I want 2 things:

1. Better wind physics. Here in Dallas we get lots of stratification in the wind, and this is not at all reflected in the sim. For instance, we get up to 6-8' with very little wind (<5mph), and above that 15+mph, then at 30' up it may be 20+mph on a slightly different direction (that's on an average day here). Also, there's not much gusting behavior in the sim. All of this is incredibly useful for training to deal with the conditions. Wind in real life is way harder to deal with on a smaller plane than in RF6.5.

2. Aerobatic/3D tutorials. This is *BADLY* needed. Just like the landing training, but it should have all of the pattern moves as well as the 3D stuff like harriers/hover/rollers/pop tops/etc...

Buddy Box auto G7 "instructor":
1. Single stick (Aileron and elevator) control option for new to flight public. Throttlehold
2. Instructor stops: to high, to far, out of sight, to low, and crash imminent. Flight control returned to user with count down 3, 2, 1 when level and straight flight resumed. ...

This is a good list. You can do the 3-channel thing by downloading a swap file for an appropriate airplane. You can find a lot of swap files at

https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php

The Hobbyzone Piper SuperCub is one that I have been using.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/1871

Good luck

Hmm, Ok here goes...

- Helis parked & left running at full neg under the camera should Self Engage throttle hold. Maybe with a console message saying something like: "Flip right shoulder switch to re-engage throttle" ?

... Just exited a Multi session and it occured to me I should rephrase my suggestion above.
... This feature should be called the Anti-NOOOOOB-Noise feature. And maybe the console message could read - "Hey NOOOB... try having some CONSIDERATION for your fellow pilots and use the freakin' throttle hold!!!!! "

- The ability to turn Off collisions like in previous RF versions.
- You should not have collisions with pilots you have "hidden". As of now, hidden flyers will still cause a collision... just like you smacked some invisible wall in midair.
- The ability to set sim sounds volume for individual pilots... Ever wish you could mute that turbine parked under the camera?
- The ablility to set voice chat volume for individual pilots.
- More realistic blade "flutter" & "bark" sounds for helis. Blades do not make ANY sound at all now at full collective stops... who thought that was a good idea?
- More compact Scoreboard... I keep mine open but off to the right so that only the pilot's names are visible... so I can tell who's speaking.
- Scoreboard should return to the same spot it was placed in the previous session, just like the navguide.
- Don't know if it's possible but... a problem has plagued Multiplayer in EVERY version. It's the pause/freeze that occurs when someone enters the room or changes models. The freeze is usually brief (quarter of a sec) but can be quite a bit longer. It's always a Grumble moment and has caused many crashes.

Last edited:
- More compact Scoreboard... I keep mine open but off to the right so that only the pilot's names are visible... so I can tell who's speaking.

There should be a speaker icon next to the persons name on the scoreboard if their microphone is on.

There should be a speaker icon next to the persons name on the scoreboard if their microphone is on.

There is a speaker next to their name which lights when they speak... It's just that a more compact scoreboard wouldn't need to be mostly hidden off screen to the right in order to be kept open during multiplayer.

Yes, I would like to be able to mute the volume of some aircraft that are really making racket... I was told it was not possible. But then, anything should be possible.
- The ability to set volume for individual pilots... Ever wish you could mute that turbine parked under the camera?

requests for next version

Hi, i love modelling aircraft and tweaking them to fly like the disigns that i make in real life. it would be great if we could add custom airfoils to your library and if some of the physics were output or made available (like mass moments of inertia for the aircraft). this would make it a great tool for those who design their own models.

also some sort of sdk that would allow an interface to use the software for simulations with other software in order to simulate autonomous control.

kind of specific requests but i know a lot of engineers who love this game and would enjoy more access "under the hood". PS PLEASE ALLOW CUSTOM AIRFOILS!

I too would love custom airfoils but I think there is a lot of mathematical "stuff" that has to go on for the foil to be used for RF. It would be nice to simply draw a profile and import it and have RF do all the work but I do not think that is practical... right now.

Back