Directory server connection failed

Why?....the server connection failed....what else do you need to know?
It would be helpful to know the problem is on their end, and not mine....the warning only says My firewall and MY router are to blame.
I have owned the real flight program for 2 years, but only recently started wasting my time on multi player sessions, so I am newbie when it comes MP.

This happens on occasion.

If multiple people claim to have difficulty that they can't connect to the list server, it's a safe bet that KE's server program has crashed again.

This happens on occasion.

If multiple people claim to have difficulty that they can't connect to the list server, it's a safe bet that KE's server program has crashed again.

no 1 was complaining about it late last night when I was freaking out, but now I know,so today I am spending quality time with the wife, it's all good.

Ya thats what its there for !:rolleyes:...when else would you expect it to be there ?

I dont get a massage anymore either ..........not since the police raided that place anyways :p

Last edited:
there should be better message. Other than your stuff is broken....
The message is perfect in that it lets you know there is a communications problem and what you can check on your end. Beyond that, it can't really go farther since it is reporting the problem from your computer's perspective.

it did this to me last night i had shut down my windows anti virus software, avast, and my router software with no avail.

still down..

There is NO workaround !
I have owned the real flight program for 2 years, but only recently started wasting my time on multi player sessions, so I am newbie when it comes MP.
Then why are you questining the wisdom of all the Non-MP newbs that have responded?

It would be helpful to know the problem is on their end, and not mine....the warning only says My firewall and MY router are to blame.

Read slower........It does NOT say that !
...just to INSURE that your RF is not being blocked by your firewall or router NOT that they are to blame !...
you should know the answer to that question with out even looking , IMO and therefore can safely derive that its on thier end
Ask your self this simple question ............
how is it that a supposed problem on YOUR end is effecting all of US ???

If you had had RF 3 years ago when port forwarding was nessessary ....your query on weather or not it was on your end would have been taken more seriously

Last edited:
There is NO workaround !

Then why are you questining the wisdom of all the Non-MP newbs that have responded?
Read slower........It does NOT say that !
...just to INSURE that your RF is not being blocked by your firewall or router NOT that they are to blame !...
you should know the answer to that question with out even looking , IMO and therefore can safely derive that its on thier end
Ask your self this simple question ............
how is it that a supposed problem on YOUR end is effecting all of US ???

If you had had RF 3 years ago when port forwarding was nessessary ....your query on weather or not it was on your end would have been taken more seriously

I did not know it was "Affecting " all of us till about 10 hours after it "affected" me, and I had already jumped through all of the hoops on my end. That is when I read the first post on here, that someone else had the same problem.
Question the all knowing wisdom of the Lords of this forum, I would not dare.
I have learned a lot here, and that why I read it at all, not to see what kind of wise *** answer I can dream up, lighten up , it is just a GAME, not real life.

10 hours !!
2 people replied within a half hour of your post ! , the first in 20 min. ! saying they had the same problem

It never ceases to amaze me how many people post a new thread and then don't even hang around for a few to see if someone can answer thier problem :confused: 10 hours? ...why bother ?

This happens from time to time. Your issue has bitten each and every one of us exactly once. Next time you can't connect, you'll know it's probably a crashed server (and it will be Friday). Start a thread to advise KE. Others will join in as they have here. When KE can, they'll get it running again. In the meantime, read a book.

Back