Directory server connection failed

In an effort to help educate our youth.........I believe those wood be cellulose molecules flare .....;)

Attachments

• ScreenShots073.jpg
    ScreenShots073.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 3
10 hours !!
2 people replied within a half hour of your post ! , the first in 20 min. ! saying they had the same problem

It never ceases to amaze me how many people post a new thread and then don't even hang around for a few to see if someone can answer thier problem :confused: 10 hours? ...why bother ?

Read post #5 slowly, and check the time on it, the problem started for me about 11:00 pm Friday night eastern time , I did not see that someone posted they were having the same problem till Saturday morning. I call that about 10 hours, or more before I knew other folks were having the same issues.
And I did not "post a new thread" , I just posted in a thread that was started by rudyr123. I did hang around to see If someone could answer "their", my problem. For someone who can design great planes, which I have downloaded many, you need to learn about spell check.

Yea, I get amazed too sometimes, about some of the posts I see on here , from members that have put up 1000's, that is why I have been a member of this board for 2 years and did not feel the need to post anything till today.
Back to lurking now, I'm done with the bashing you seem to love.

Last edited:
jeff, if you don't like anything i say, helpful or not then why am I not on your ignore list?

so how long will this take?

Monday Morning it will be fixed.

The List server does go down from time to time. If you have other Versions of RealFlight installed however, those usually work just fine since the older versions of RF are on their own list Server.

G5.5 is working fine for Multiplayer this weekend.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I watch out for him too, and so my response applies to me as well.

Note, I even watch out for you, to make sure someone doesn't jump on your case without out reason. Sorry to say I haven't seen that happen.

Last edited:
Flare ...putting people who post here often on the ignore list is pointless
some of your posts are compleatly incorrect or at the very least misleading
when other people have to correct you all the time
with out us seeing your post to know what they are talking about ........is even more confusing for everyone else

Everyone here has a right to voice thier OPINION freely .....but many times you answer questions you know nothing about and give misinformation
to new members /users to the point that you may even compound thier problem or create new ones !

Last edited:
Notice that I never "give advice" on 3D modeling in any thread that deals with that subject ?........Know why?....I Don't know what I'm talking about ......so I don't
simple really

Mabye when you all stop picking on me...:rolleyes:

If a group of people seem to be picking on you you must ask yourself "Could I be the problem?". This would stop right now if you just reserved your posting for things you actually know. Most of the regulars here perform a service to people who are looking for answers to RF problems. You have a habit of interfering with that process by posting answers that are flat out wrong or useless altogether. I'm not saying you have nothing to offer it seems you have helped in the area of airports. No one picked on you in that thread as far as I've read. That's because you gave helpful factual information. Just concentrate on the things you know and leave the answers to the people with real knowledge and understanding in the areas you must know your weak. If it were just Jeff that had this opinion about you I would agree that your being picked on, but look at the number of people that share Jeff's opinion of your actions. It will be water under the bridge once you catch on to this simple idea.-FWIW :)

You know that if you were to spend the same amount of time asking questions instead of pretending to know the answers ....you may learn something !!

It is not just you Flare... Jeff "corrects" everyone here if they are wrong or unclear. Bugs me sometimes but once you look through it again, you usually agree with him... he really does have a good ability to remember obscure facts, so don't try to be the first to respond... If it is a day old and no-one took a stab at it... research it and then answer if it interests you.

After a long week, family, kids, dogs, I look forward to relaxing just a bit and have fun with some Group Fun Fly. I complained before, I'll complain again. Forcing all users to use just one list server for multiplay is still just a plain old bad decision.

At least give an option for direct IP connect. Sure, we can do a LAN across the Internet using a VPN service like Hamachi, but we shouldn't have to. Running List Servers, Webservers, etc are not that uncommon nowadays for the local peons like us.

Heck, a simple Wireshark trace and I can see the program is dialing multiplayer.knifeedge.com for the list server. Why can't we add additional list servers in that menu option. Why ruin a hard fought for weekend because some janitor unplugged the wrong cord.

Ok, I take that janitor thing back, the server is still responding to pings just the list server process crashed.

Really, just let some of users have viable options when the list server decides to crash again so we can still enjoy the game, together, the respite from our monotonous lives...

Back