Directory server connection failed

rudyr123

Hey all,

When trying to connect to a online server I receive the following error.

"Directory server connection failed. Please ensure that RealFlight is not being blocked by a firewall and/or has full access to the internet through your router (if applicable)."

This is the first time I've gotten this error. Anyone else getting this?

ss.png

Rudy

Yes, I am getting it too! I haven't changed any setting. Is it possible the problem is on the realflight's server side?

That means that the Knife Edge list server has crashed. Probably be some time after 8am west coast before anyone will look at it... might be all weekend. The KE server just hosts the list connectivity. It does not host the actual session.
Looks like the error message could be improved to indicate that the problem can be on their end too!

Last edited:
I started getting the error message last night about 11:00 east coast time, still getting it this morning, and I was thinking it was something I had done.

I'm getting the same thing
Yu
past experience has shown that if it goes down on the weekend ............its usualy down till monday:(

Last edited:
Use a direct connection (i.e. VPN) and you do not need a server, but you will be limited to the number of clients your VPN will support.

Ok, if everyone uses windows then just go to start,
search Windows Firewall With Advanced Security,
and Enable Realflight 6.5. Simple.

Last edited:
Ok, if everyone uses windows then just go to start,
search Windows Firewall With Advanced Security,
and Enable Realflight 6.5. Simple.

And has absolutly nothing to do with the current situation
what ?.......did everyones firewall exception settings mysteriouly change since the last time they were in MP?......I think not
PS....rudyr123........you can delete my post to while your at it:rolleyes:

That means that the Knife Edge list server has crashed. Probably be some time after 8am west coast before anyone will look at it... might be all weekend. The KE server just hosts the list connectivity. It does not host the actual session.
Looks like the error message could be improved to indicate that the problem can be on their end too!

I agree the error message could be improved!

Back