Directory server connection failed

For he's a jolly good fellow,
Now we can all go fly!!!

That's it?? This keeps happening over and over, not that often, but it has continued for some time. What is going to change? 48hrs is a long time to loose a service you enjoy and relax with.

There has to be a way to respond more quickly to an outage in the future. What happens 10 years from now? I know you don't owe us lifetime service, but known alternatives would be nice. Come on Jim, pay to have the server restarted when it goes down.

The directory server is back online. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK have it your way... I am speaking for 5 copies of Real Flight... I have bought and paid for 5 copies, so which one should I register the complaint under?

I think there are several people out there that will never complain and are still disappointed in the MP function of the software... I speak for these 5 and all the others that agree. KE needs to do better.

My 5 paid copies are complaining... You keep saying 3 complaints... so my voice is a very tiny bit louder than a single complaint. I have written a complaint directly to KE by PM

Hey KE, I don't think anyone is asking for you to turn over the source code or obliterate your current license agreements in terms of the list server.

How many software companies out there would love to have their customer base clamoring for the ability to use the software more, love the software more, and pay for upgrades like good little lemmings.

We're not asking you to abandon your list server, but, for all that is holy give users an option to still connect to multiplayer if the KE servers go down.

Are you sure, Jeff? I would think you head is a bit too far up you know who to see if the servers were truly up.

Getting the "directory server connection failed" message

Have taken my router out of the loop, connecting direct to my cable modem. Have uninstalled and re-installed RF6.5.
Nothing has changed.
Is this purely a RF server issue or is there something I can do at my end?

Message continues with "please ensure that Realflight is not being blocked by a firewall and/or has full access to the Internet through your router (if applicable)"

Do you have your Windows (or any other software) firewall enabled? Connection problems due to router misconfiguration are all but nonexistent since KE rewrote the way multiplayer works. If the server is down, others will post soon.

Nope the server is not down.... there are a lot of hosts up as I write this.

kaydeejay, it's at your end.

Start by powering EVERYTHING down... including your Modem/Internet connection.

Unplug EVERYTHING from the wall temporarily.

With everything unplugged press the power switch to discharge any remaining current.

The plug in everything as you would NORMALLY have it. Power up your Internet Router, local NAT box ( after 40 seconds ), wait 2 minutes then power up your computer.

Then try again.

As Jeff says if you still cannot connect, look to something installed or updated on your machine.

Back