An-225 build

My son is an aircraft fueler at Rickenbacker Airport, and an AN-225 is supposed to fly in next week to pick up a load of jet engines. He thinks he can get me an up-close look at it as his guest with his all-airport security clearance. Are there any specific pictures that would help you? I'll take some with my cell phone camera if security allows it - and if it happens, of course.

My son is an aircraft fueler at Rickenbacker Airport, and an AN-225 is supposed to fly in next week to pick up a load of jet engines. He thinks he can get me an up-close look at it as his guest with his all-airport security clearance. Are there any specific pictures that would help you? I'll take some with my cell phone camera if security allows it - and if it happens, of course.

If you could get a picture of the turbine exhaust blades for a blade count so I can model the spinning exhaust blades instead of what I have now which is just a recessed cone. The picture does not need to be a "square" shot with all of the blades visible, most of one blade (root to tip) and a shot of the hub so I can get its shape and the number of blades. If pictures cannot be taken just eye ball it and see if it is close to 32 exhaust, which is what I would expect based on the fan blade count. If you are not allowed don't get yourself or your son in trouble.

Edit knowing the fuel bill/capacity would be fun trivia

I'll do what I can. With all the airport security, I have no idea whether photos are allowed. I'll certainly ask as we check in. My son is scheduled off that day, so he won't be doing the fueling. But he might know how much it takes.

Good Physics problems

I ported a A-1H Skyraider from simviation (FSX I think). And it flies too good, I don't want to fly anything else.

Please please please please upload it! That's my baby right there. :p

Brields, It`s probably possible, but I think it would be a violation of some sort for him to upload it to RF, Also, you should change your signature to a P-51 shooting a BF-109, THAT`S a better dogfight...:D;)

It is not mapped, no retracts, and is missing some other stuff that some would want. Plus it is that legal grey area on uploading it.

Yeah really, that's someone else's work so you're right! No problem making it for yourself but sharing it is another thing entirely.

I have a bunch of planes in my FS-X but haven't ever tried importing one to RF. I do have that particular craft. I'll have to figure out what's all involved. I'd like to have some for myself to fly also.

If one of you wizards could figure all the mapping and controls out, fix it up, and send it to me via E-mail, that'd be amazing! :D and I'll change my signature now.

If one of you wizards could figure all the mapping and controls out, fix it up, and send it to me via E-mail, that'd be amazing! :D and I'll change my signature now.
MAN, you really must hate Mustangs. First, it`s a BF-109 shooting at a P-51 in your signature, NOW, it`s a Skyraider, C`MON MAN. Cut our guys some slack. Any P-51 getting shot at is a bad day. I`ve flown in one, sure glad you weren't on my six. OR, any ones wingman for that matter. OH, and people in hell want ice water.

Last edited:
made the ramps today. still have to do the jacks that hold up the holding ramps.

Attachments

• an-225 build 17.jpg
    an-225 build 17.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1
Ha! I know that Brields signature annoying but yours is bland, Uncle Twist, and PilotAt6 should stop uploading files.
Yep, it`s bland alrighty, but it came from a time when people were loading up a bunch of REAL crappy bucket fill CS`s and drowning out good EA`s in one day, from the most recent list. So one user came up with that suggestion to get the message out . I think it worked for awhile, but obviously, not long enough, as you`ve noticed. I have thought about changing it, just to lazy, after all, why do today, what I can put off until tomorrow. :p;), speaking of which, where`s yours, OH WAIT, I got one for ya, "Some things are better left un-said". :D;):cool:. Excuse my sense of humor.:p. LEGOMAN, those ramps look great BTW.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Uncle Twist and that uploading should be limited in some form or fashion to the swap pages. It's a miracle people are still making new content for this. I hate seeing their hard work get buried in minutes with crappy CS's. Not that I'm one to do more detailed color schemes but I don't post a bazillion of them one after another making a new EA get pushed off the list.

Last edited:

I'll do what I can. With all the airport security, I have no idea whether photos are allowed. I'll certainly ask as we check in. My son is scheduled off that day, so he won't be doing the fueling. But he might know how much it takes.

Where you able to get any photos? Or has it not happened yet?

Hasn't happened yet. I need to call him and see what's up - but I don't want to bother him too much about it. He got married on New-Years Eve, is a full-time student, works, & is a member of the Ohio National Guard. I don't know how he finds time for everything.

Oh well. Maybe it will help in some other way or just be interesting info about your model build.

Back