Extra NG

AHHH Ok, thanks for that factoid, it must be very cool to have that kind of inside relationship with him. I looked at the thread you posted, I vaguely recall it, to bad all that happened. I hope things have gotten better with your son. Doing a little research, I found this..>>>.......https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280133........ The rolling circle starting at @ the 7:15 mark in the vid. is nothing less than insane, to say Jase is an extremely good pilot would be a gross understatment. Seeing him stop an insane roll in perfectly level or inverted flight is also pretty freakin` cool.. (y) (y) ?

Last edited:
Decided to add some rib bay swag tonight. That led to creating a set of bones. This will hopefully come in handy with an idea I have on having a little translucency through the covering. RF doesn't render that effect, so I'm going to try to force it by cheating a little on transparency.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 29
No progress pics today. Decided to start mapping what I’ve got and get an idea where I’m at for the final 1x1. There’s going to be a lot of parts on this one to lay out for sure.

Got a little mapping done tonight. Still have to tweak the fuselage bottom to eliminate the stretching. Not much to show, but it's a start at least.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 14
Loving the pics Andy, Any progress....no matter how much.....is progress,..I`m going through the same thing with this CS I`m doing, some of the graphics take more time than others, I just finished the "Sky Dynamics" logo today, after three days (on & off) of working on it. here`s a pic.

Attachments

• SKY DYNAMIC`S #1.PNG
    SKY DYNAMIC`S #1.PNG
    51.8 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the kind words. I’ll probably spend a couple days on mapping everything I’ve got so far and doing a rough CS for it just for a change of pace and to see how things look overall. I’m in no way near through with the modeling, just looking for a change. That being said, anyone know if a good resource for high res anodized aluminum textures? I’ve found a few, but they’ve either got glare on them from lights, or a watermark all over it to make it useless.

You may have a hard time finding that since a texture like that would only make sense with reflections over a brushed texture. Instead you may want to use a aluminium brushed texture then to a translucent layer above that and let the spec map add the reflections.

Attachments

• 0207-brushed-aluminium-facade-cladding-texture-seamless-hr.jpg
    0207-brushed-aluminium-facade-cladding-texture-seamless-hr.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 17
So my weekend didn’t quite go as planned, and I didn’t get near as much time for modeling as I’d hoped for, but I do have most of the base model mapped and ready for scaling and such. This morning I went back to work on fine tuning the pilot to have a much better edge flow and make it easier to map. It ended up with a much cleaner look in my opinion. I’ll post pictures when I can. Kind of got carried away and played a little too long so I didn’t have time to post them before leaving for work.

Eating....... you’re funny.? More like my daughters softball team got cleared for practice for the first time since fall (he travel team, HS team was cancelled) and that’s a 2 hour drive one way. Add a 4 hour practice in between drives and that’s 8 hours. Then her pig escaped and went to visit the neighbors down the road a 1/2 mile away. Wrestled that thing for almost 2 hours. In the meantime, I threw my back out so I was done for the day.

Sunday started off with a one hour drive to pitching lessons (once again for my daughter), 1 1/2 hours there, then an hour home. Get home and eat only to have to build a kitchen table for a customer. Knocked that out around 10:30 that night so once again I was done physically but did do a little while I wound down from the day.

So, long story short (May be too late for that), I might’ve eaten once or twice this weekend.

Attachments

• 9FE01BAB-CAD8-4A31-8B9E-BAE8B2D41BB0.jpeg
    9FE01BAB-CAD8-4A31-8B9E-BAE8B2D41BB0.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 10
Back