Extra NG

Fuel tank.
Thanks Andy, and you as well edge v3 for your reply`s, I don`t know why "fuel tank" never even crossed my mind, I thought "coil" and my brain just got stuck there..I think the copper coloring on rear of it threw me off, it looks like copper wire winding's like you`d see in a coil I guess,... Oh Well...:):)

Thanks. It’s amazing how much more work this is than I thought, but it’s educational as well. Once I get all the CF cut up like I want I’ll go back and hopefully gain several polys back with some cleanup.
That is the best process. Model freely then go back and edit.

Didn't get much time at all tonight. My father in law was admitted back into the hospital again so I've been dealing with family issues. I did manage to start cutting the next level of CF up though. It's not much, but here's a little something for your viewing.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 33
Sorry to hear about your Father in law Andy, hope all goes well with him. Your cuts in the CF are looking real nice so far, nice work..!!..The next two bays look to be just a more little challenging, but I Imagine you will be able too copy a lot of them, not really sure how that works though..

Last edited:
Didn't get much time at all tonight. My father in law was admitted back into the hospital again so I've been dealing with family issues. I did manage to start cutting the next level of CF up though. It's not much, but here's a little something for your viewing.
Yeah, the rest of the CF is going to be fun. Due to the circumstances I may leave this part alone and work on other areas for a while since time isn’t my friend right now.

Cut in the control surfaces tonight, added a slight radius to the top of the rudder, and started on the tail gear assembly. Polys starting to push 30k at 28,820.

One of these days I'm actually going to work on getting my render scene setup. I feel like I'm slacking on render quality on this one. ?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 27
All the work you got done Andy looks fantastic..!!!..Poly count is a non-issue, (at least, from what I know), And your screenshots/renders are just as fantastic as the work you`re doing. (y) (y) ?

Yeah man, So sorry about your father in law. Our prayers are with you ! Making great progress!

Back