Extra NG

Started working on the internals tonight a little more. While this doesn't look like a lot of work, it's things like this that take me forever.

Scott, I saw you post a couple days ago that you can hide certain faces on the part you're working on to get to the inside faces better. Can you enlighten me on how that's done? this next level of CF is going to be tough to select the bottom faces for bridging and such....and there's a TON of holes to be cut in as you can see in the last pic.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 05-08-20 at 12.39 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 05-08-20 at 12.39 AM.PNG
    502 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-3747.PNG
    IMG-3747.PNG
    9.7 MB · Views: 38
Extraordinary work and detail there Andy, looks fantastic, Great job...!!!! (y) (y) ? Got a question, just curious, what is the part with the blue wire (1st, 2nd, and 5th pics,), is that an ignition coil ...???:unsure:

Extraordinary work and detail there Andy, looks fantastic, Great job...!!!! (y) (y) ? Got a question, just curious, what is the part with the blue wire (1st, 2nd, and 5th pics,), is that an ignition coil ...???:unsure:
amazing!! that is fuel tube in big 3d planes people tend to loop the pipe on top of the tank

Andy when I work on cockpits I often select all the polys behind it on the fuselage and use the Hide Selected button in the Edit Geometry tab to hide all those polys. They will stay hidden through saves too and when you want them back just make sure you're in Polygon Mode and use the Unhide All button to show them again.

There's also a Hide Unselected button if you want to select the polys you want to see and hide everything else.

Oh.. beautiful work on the interror.

How to Hide Polys.jpg

Andy when I work on cockpits I often select all the polys behind it on the fuselage and use the Hide Selected button in the Edit Geometry tab to hide all those polys. They will stay hidden through saves too and when you want them back just make sure you're in Polygon Mode and use the Unhide All button to show them again.

There's also a Hide Unselected button if you want to select the polys you want to see and hide everything else.

Oh.. beautiful work on the interror.

View attachment 117563
I’ve missed that option somehow. I’ve used that in the right click menu all the time but that only effects other objects.

A little more work before work. Added the ply sidewalls and relocated the second level of CF to its proper location. I've still got to size the ply cutouts properly, remap the CF parts, and chamfer the corners, but you can get the idea here. Total poly count so far is 26,508. Not bad if yo ask me for what I've got so far. I can regain some of those polys when I go back and clean things up after all these vertex chamfers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 16
Technoid answered as I would have. It's looking so good Andy and the poly's are nice and low.

Technoid answered as I would have. It's looking so good Andy and the poly's are nice and low.
Thanks. It’s amazing how much more work this is than I thought, but it’s educational as well. Once I get all the CF cut up like I want I’ll go back and hopefully gain several polys back with some cleanup.

Back