Techair Commander EP

I grabbed the pilot bust from the parts repository and modified it heavily to see what I could do with it. I may work on the glasses a little more. I think the lens in the glasses will be see-through in the plane. (tinted) I'll paint hair and eyebrows on it in the cs is if I end up using it. The last picture is what I started with.

Pilot 03.jpgPilot 04.jpgPilot 05.jpgPilot 06.jpg

I reworked the glasses today. I also closed up the space between the eyebrows and glasses. There will be eyebrows but I'll paint them on in the cs. It's possible I might add some in the 3d mess too just to give them some depth. But I'm not sure that would be noticeable in the plane. But maybe.

Pilot 07.jpgPilot 08.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one more version of the glasses it's probably the best one yet. But if you have a favorite I'd like to hear about it this kind of stuff is all personal taste. Right now I still have all three versions in the source file. I think I'm going to round off the top end of the shoulders a little more.

Pilot 10.jpg

I did a lot of reshaping to the head today so take a look and let me know if it's better for you. I'm still not convinced I'll use this. It may be better than nothing but I'm not sure it fits what I want. Ha... that's why I've never tried making a pilot.

The first picture is the one I reshaped.

Some things I did.

The chin isn't as tall and is rounded at the bottom.
The bottom lip isn't as tall.
The angle of the forehead is reduced.
The back of the head is moved forward and reshaped.
The top of the neck was wavy now it's straight-angled.
The head was moved forward a little.

Pilot 11.jpg

The headphone earpieces were modeled into the pilot when I grabbed it from the repository but there were not very round with lots of segment flat places around them. I tried to round them out but then I got bad places in the head where I made the changes so I just removed them and then rounded out the head again. Now I can make separate earpieces so they'll look better.

Pilot 13.jpg

Does this look right for the hairline? If I cut the hairline in the mesh I can map it separately and make it easy to paint. I still need to add a mic to the headset. Which side should it go on, the right side or the left? I seem to see most on the right side.

Pilot 17.jpg

Does he have eyeballs under the goggles/sunglasses? There's something wrong with the little bit of his eye that's visible under the goggles in post#50. In post#47, it looks almost like goggle lenses without a frame or earpieces instead of eyes. It's probably a moot point since it won't be very visible, especially when flying.

Does he have eyeballs under the goggles/sunglasses? There's something wrong with the little bit of his eye that's visible under the goggles in post#50. In post#47, it looks almost like goggle lenses without a frame or earpieces instead of eyes. It's probably a moot point since it won't be very visible, especially when flying.
When Boof69 created the pilot he modeled the eyelids so I think that's what you're talking about. I haven't changed them so they should look the same as the pictures I took of his original model after I color them. I do have some work to do on that sunken area where the eyes are there's some shading there I need to get rid of.

WWI Pilot bust 01.jpgWWI Pilot bust 02.jpg

I've been modeling the headset and glasses on an older pilot head so I needed to save just the headset and glasses to put them on the head I reworked (which will get a little more rework). So while I created a file with just the headset and glasses I did a little more work on both of them, so here's the final version.

Pilot 21.jpg

I don't know if you noticed but the tip of the nose was pretty pointed so I added two more segments and rounded it off. I'm just doing some final tweaking. Should I map the pilot or use baked-on colors for him?

Pilot 22.jpg

I don't know if you noticed but the tip of the nose was pretty pointed so I added two more segments and rounded it off. I'm just doing some final tweaking. Should I map the pilot or use baked-on colors for him?

View attachment 132787
I was going to mention that, but then decided not to, It does look a lot better. As long as you`re playing plastic surgeon, you should give him a chin job as well, it`s pretty pointed also, looking at it from a profile.

Back