Recent content by fivespeed

1. fivespeed

Best transmitter to use with RF evolution

If you buy an NX6 or NX8 you can directly connect using a usb cable, no special dongle required. That said, I have the InterlinkDX controller specifically for RealFlight and it works great. It also has the switch setup that fairly well mirrors a real Spektrum TX. Just my opinion.
  2. fivespeed

So far, so good

I just switched to using the DirectIX 11 Beta. I am only just getting started with it but so far everything seems to work well. I do have a 12th gen intel cpo and when I use the internal graphics everything works as expected whereas before it would not work at all. I have a graphics card in my...
  3. fivespeed

Struggling with helicopter control - any advice?

Helicopters are most definitely much different and more challenging than planes. The sense of satisfaction when you can hover and fly smoothly is greater once you begin to master it. I honestly don't think I will ever master all of the thngs that can be done with a heli, that is part of the...
  4. fivespeed

Are there future plans to add a few more helis in upcoming content packs?

First, let me say that I have been enjoying RealFlight for many years. It keeps my fingers in practice over the winter and helps me crash less when attempting to advance my skills. In real life I fly planes and helicopters. I am enjoying the latest content pack and will likely buy them all as...
  5. fivespeed

It's Finally Happened *sigh*

Sorry to see you leave the hobby but hobbies are supposed to be fun amd when they atop being fun I guess it is time to move on. Everything is getting far more expensive from hobbies and fun activities to gas and groceries. Take care and glad you found something related that brings you joy.
  6. fivespeed

RF9.5s Steam really annoying

Steam has become almost necessary these days with the growing amount of software piracy that happens. It really is reliable and you can run software purchased via steam without having to be online all of the time though at some point you do need an internet connection to load the software you...
  7. fivespeed

Horizon Hobby acquires RealFlight

Good luck with the aquisition. As a software engineer myself I have been involved with mergers and aquisitions more times than I care to count over the years. Some were good, some, not so much. That said, Horizon has been a good company to deal with for me as a consumer so, best of luck to you...
  8. fivespeed

Using a DX8 G2

Just my humble opinion as I have flown RF7.5 and RF8 prior to this using my field transmitter... beyond not having the wear and tear on your field transmitter, in my opinion, the new Interlink DX when coupled with RF9 is well worth the price. The Interlink DX when used with RF9 offers more...
  9. fivespeed

Using interlink versus my iX12

I definitely use the Interlink DX controller. The Interlink DX was actually my main reason for buying RF9 after having already had RF8 and I would say that for me it was well worth the price just for this reason alone. It is laid out like my real Spektrum transmitters and also allows the use of...
  10. fivespeed

Should I purchase RF9?

Just my humble opinion ( which - coupled with about 4 bucks will get you a latte at starbucks!) but RF9 is the best RC simulator I have used. The new Interlink DX controller in and of itself and the software changes to handle many more channels if using the Interlink DX is worth the price of...
  11. fivespeed

Airline travel with an Interlink controller

Just a followup, took my Interlink with me in my checked luggage wrapped and using the gimbal protectors and it worked out perfectly!
  12. fivespeed

Thank you for the advice! I’ll find some gimbal protectors and wrap it in clothing in my checked bag. Having the sim with me will make living in hotel rooms more bearable.:)
  13. fivespeed

I have been doing a great deal of traveling lately on business and am sometimes on an engagement for several weeks at a time. I already travel with the laptop I have RealFlight installed on. I was wondering if anyone else travels with their Interlink Controller. I have the Interlink DX, a...
  14. fivespeed

GPS FLight plans

Indeed, let's be careful before we have to register our flight simulator software with the federal government and attach some sort of remote id to each of our simulated models! ;)
  15. fivespeed

How do old Add Ons Fly

Thank You! I appreciate that.
Back