Recent content by flightengr

1. F

Eratix

No. Only Evolution can use models/flying sites from the Quarterly Content Packs.
  2. F

Can I use an X Box controller ?

If you're trying to do it wirelessly, then your computer needs to have whatever parts are necessary to support a wireless connection to an Xbox controller. What you need varies by computer, version of Windows, and version of controller. As I mentioned, I used a USB cable from the computer to...
  3. F

NX6 not recognised as controller

Can you tell us more about why you're thinking it's not being recognized? What's happening/not happening? You can see if Windows is recognizing the NX6 by running "joy.cpl"; that program lists all game controllers that are connected to the system. You should see "Spektrum Radio" listed if the...
  4. F

Download flex planes

"EA" means "entire aircraft". That's what you want to download to get the model initially. "CS" is a "color scheme", and "AV" is an "aircraft variant". Both of those things are interesting, but require you to have the EA they're based on first.
  5. F

How do i start my real flight simulator trial offered from horizon hobby??

When RF says there's no controller, then it doesn't see any kind of Windows game controller connected to the system. To ensure that your USB receiver is working, first open up "joy.cpl" in Windows to see the game controller control panel applet. (Just type joy.cpl in the search box or the Start...
  6. F

reverse thrust question

RealFlight Channel 12, same as the Panic feature on the Horizon SAFE trainer airplanes.
  7. F

make a airliner

The first Quarterly Content Pack (2023 Q1) for Evolution included an airliner. https://www.realflight.com/product/realflight-evolution-2023-quarterly-content-pack-1/RFL2023QCP1.html
  8. F

How to use your Radio or Controller with RealFlight

The video at the top of the thread could still be somewhat helpful, even for a DXs. You really can't change any settings for a DXs (and don't want to if it came with a plane, or else it may not work with the plane.) First you have to bind the DXs to the USB wireless receiver. That's done by...
  9. F

direct x problem

Trainer still uses DirectX 9, so that's not necessarily a good sign. Usually people with newer systems have trouble with Trainer but upgrading to Evo solves the problem. Can you tell us more about the system? Processor and video card specs would help. It's possible to get a DirectX 9 version...
  10. F

Slight control lag on my System.

The InterLink DX doesn't get along with some newer USB chipsets, and lag is one of the symptoms. Don't know if the Elite would have the same problem. A solution for the DX is to put a cheap, unpowered USB hub between the controller and the computer. If you have a USB 2.0 port on your computer...
  11. F

Dongle with a Spektrum DX8 controller successfully. When I run Real Flight, it complains it has no controller.

What kind of "dongle" (USB receiver) are you using? Windows should recognize it as a game controller automatically, which is what RealFlight needs in order to find it. If you run a program called joy.cpl (included with Windows; just search for it), you should see something listed there whenever...
  12. F

RF Evolution Errors on Loading

I know "access denied" can often be misleading and hide other kinds of issues with accessing the file, such as being blocked by AV software. Still, I'd check the file permissions and make sure there isn't some obvious problem there, especially if your normal user account is not a local admin. I...
  13. F

NX8 controller issues

There's a known bug in NX firmware version 3.13 that prevents it from working as a game controller. If that's your situation, you can downgrade to 3.12.
  14. F

Rudder movement limmited

In real life, both of those planes automatically add low rates on the rudder when in Beginner or Intermediate mode. The models in RF may be set the same way.
  15. F

RealFlight9_1 on 2017 iMac running Ventura 13.6.6, via Parallels ?

You'll want to try using the Search in the upper right to find other posts about Parallels. Some people have tried it, with mixed success.
Back