Recent content by JEFFRO503

1. J

possible to import planes from 6.5 and down?

Thanks again CSgill! Maybe i have downloaded a bad one I guess. I got an Extreme flight 104" Extra >>> https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/19119 and it wouldn't load at all without crashing the sim. I tried another one and it worked well.
  2. J

possible to import planes from 6.5 and down?

New to the RF7 software....so I'm trying to figure it out here. Looks like RF7 uses the same way as the previous versions where you can just import the newer models. Can we use older aircraft? And if so.....how far can we go back? RF6 , RF5...? Thanks guys.
  3. J

Gone for a few years....upgrade question.

Thanks guys for all your help. Even copying the disk to the drive didn't help or work. I have no idea what happened.....but the G5 disk will just not accept the older G3 radio. No biggie though.....as I swung by the local hobby shop this evening and picked up the $46.00 R7 upgrade...
  4. J

I actually contacted Knife edge through their support last night after I couldn't get it working. The CD is in perfect shape...not a scracth , dust....anything. And this new computer I just built is pretty powerfull.....with a Blu-ray burner and DVD burner as well. OC 2600k , Asus Sabertooth MB...
  5. J

Have G3 installed and G5 upgrade CD won't work?

Thanks CSgill75. I didn't think about just copying the CD in full and putting it into a folder.....that may work. When I get home this evening I will give that a try. I think I may just buy the R7 upgrade.....but I'm not sure if that will work or not. If my system only recognizes G3.......and...
  6. J

Thanks guys. I guess I may just have to order up the R7 upgrade......and besides it looks like I'll have a lot more options if I do. I don't think I really need a new interlink controller , as I almost all my flying is just 3D type stuff.....don't really need a bunch of extra channels and so...
  7. J

Hey guys.....I originally bought the G3 software like 7 - 8yrs ago?? Back in 2008 -09 or so I bought the G5 upgrade for it and ran that on my old Windows XP computer up until a couple years ago. Well.....I reinstalled G3 tonight and went to run the G5 upgrade CD....and my computer doesn't like...
  8. J

Have G3 installed and G5 upgrade CD won't work?

Hey guys....I haven't flown the sim in probably a good 3yrs. About 4yrs ago I had bought a G5 upgrade CD for my original G3 sim software. On my older computer which ran XP pro.....I just installed the new G5 cd and it worked very well Now.....I can't seem to get it to work. I had installed the...
  9. J

Weird install...but G5 works great!

I finally said screw it and got the G5 upgrade just yesterday. I was hesitant on installing it because i have some really cool aircraft on my G3.5 i didn't want to lose. But i decided to do it anyways , and to my surprise , it installed G5 just fine , and it "DIDN'T" over write G3.5. It just...
  10. J

Video Card

I'm running ( on this older computer anyways ) an overclocked XFX 7800 GTX and it has no problems running G5 with all the settings cranked up. It's NOT just the video card you have , but all system components put together......It's only as fast as your slowest part , understand? One thing...
  11. J

Engine selection is very weird!!

hey guys....i haven't posted anything about this before , and i did a search on it , and nothing came up. But what i don't get is this.......... Let's say your flying the big yak 54....right? and your running the 3w120(70cc ?? )....what's this about? The...
  12. J

MAD CLOWN Yak 54 pics...........

thanks guys for the compliments. I have the madclown just about done. I would have been done earlier but i keep getting side tracked with toher stuff going on. And hey brian.........i read in another thread that you we're thinking of making a "playboy"...
  13. J

Thanks man.........can't wait until i'm finished with it. man i've got some really cool ideas for these paintjobs. I'm definetly going to do quite a few more yak 54's , then i'm moving onto the 300 and 260 extra's and the cap 580. there are a few more i'm...
  14. J

hey guys......i have never posted any pics or anything to this forum , and actually have only been playing around on the sim for about a month. I painted up a couple planes , and thought you might be interested in checking them out. I have done quite...
  15. J

can't seem to view G3 screenshots....help.

Well.....i just ended up using the "printscreen" key on the keyboard............i couldn't get anything else to work. You we're saying that when you press the "TAB" key on your keyboard , your G3 then saves a a "JPG" file to the Snapshots folder? In...
Back