Fly_electric

Sig Morrisey Bravo_EA

• Sig Morrisey Bravo-0.jpg
    Sig Morrisey Bravo-0.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 122
This is a quarter scale Sig Morrisey Bravo for Real Flight 6.5, and can be imported into ver 7.5. The physics were developed in ver 7.5, so it will fly the same in both versions.
Made by request from doug schulter

Not sure of the exact release, but 1985 seems to be the time when Sig released this semi scale kit of the Morrisey Bravo. The kit was designed by one of the masters of the hobby, world-class scale modeler Claude McCullough, whose attention was apprently caught when he saw it the previous year at Oshkosh. As best as I've been able to determine, this was a limited manufacturing run by Sig. The estimates seem to be only about 30 kits.

The color scheme is based on a restoration project of a real world Sig Morrisey Bravo by flying88 found on Flying Giants:

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93130

As I learned later, the pattern of the trim is what one sees in pictures of the full size aircraft. There are several examples of it on SMB models on the internet, varying in colors. I thought the restorer made an excellent choice, so that was used as the guide.

The plans called out a Tartan Twin. That has been both 3d modeled and a custom engine physics made. The RF model also includes my third posted pilot figure. Engines and pilots consume a lot of valuable triangles, but this plane is a very simple (but elegant) design, and adding those details was well worth it.

The SMB is a very easy plane to fly.

Usual 4 channel setup, including braking on down elevator
Extra feature on this plane is the cowl drop: down on Channel 7.
The pilot cam is also set with the "simulate head movement" option.

Physics edits welcome from those with personal experience on how the real world SMB flies.

Thank you to the following people for all their help and encouragement on this build:

doug schulter
abaser
technoid
uncle twist
boof69
csgill75
Carkshark
12oclockhigh
Brields95
cap580
Ron6234
legoman