33% Pitts S-1 Special

Top, left and right sides are pretty well done. Now for the bottom, front, and some other small details, then some bump n shine:D

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 11
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 10
  • zzz2.jpg
    zzz2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 8
Well.....ummm.......ya. Part of the "other small details":p

Oops, I knew I was cluttering this thread with pics for some reason.:eek:

"Small details" sounds familiar to me :D .Looks good Andy ;). Thank God there are`nt any of those pesty stripes that need correcting :eek:

Hehehe...........one of the joys of doing your own model. If it's broke, you can fix it. Well, fix it easier, anyway:p

To whom it may concern. This project is currently on hold due to technical difficulties. A few nights ago, I lost around 2 hours of work on my .psd due to a freeze up in gimp (stupidity on my part,i know, for not saving more often). Since then, any time I try to save my work, gimp greys out and freezes, losing all work. A complete uninstall/reinstall has failed to solve this problem.

So, I'm out of ideas and am throwing my hands up. Open to suggestions, and willing to pass on my files to select ones if interested.

To whom it may concern. This project is currently on hold due to technical difficulties. A few nights ago, I lost around 2 hours of work on my .psd due to a freeze up in gimp (stupidity on my part,i know, for not saving more often). Since then, any time I try to save my work, gimp greys out and freezes, losing all work. A complete uninstall/reinstall has failed to solve this problem.

So, I'm out of ideas and am throwing my hands up. Open to suggestions, and willing to pass on my files to select ones if interested.

Andy, is the problem that any file will freeze gimp, or is the problem that this specific file freezes gimp?

Ok, I've played around for about 20 minutes here. Other files will save. However, in this 20 minute time, Ive had 3 random freeze ups, forcing me to ctrl+alt+delete to close gimp.

Ok, I've played around for about 20 minutes here. Other files will save. However, in this 20 minute time, Ive had 3 random freeze ups, forcing me to ctrl+alt+delete to close gimp.

I hate to tell you this, but it sounds like a computer problem. If I had to make my best guess, it would be that you have a memory stick that has developed issues. Get a memory checker, and run it. Programs like gimp can end up using a lot of memory and will often show problems before your other stuff will.

Another likely candidate would be if you have changed your display driver recently.

[Edit: And another thing - one thing that has definitely changed recently is the weather. Is it possible the computer is running much warmer than it has been?]

Last edited:
As a last ditch effort, I went to my computer properties and opted for a disc cleanup. It shows 14gb could be cleaned. I'll check again tonight.......fingers crossed.

After a complete reinstall, disc cleanup, and many other things, I think I've got things back going. Here are a couple progress shots.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 8
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 7
  • zzz2.jpg
    zzz2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7
After a complete reinstall, disc cleanup, and many other things, I think I've got things back going. Here are a couple progress shots.

Save this one in a file :D See you've got the pants done. Looks like you've got this one just about wrapped up .... Stickah's ? :eek:

Back