33% Pitts S-1 Special

Just a quick update. Mapping is complete, finally. Now it's back to blender for pivots and parenting.

It's not pretty, but after a quick check of part alignment, this puppy is starting to look a LOT better in my eyes with a little paint.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
Ok Hab, Your call. In looking at reference pics, Ive seen three variances of the bottom of the wings. All have the sunburst on the tops, but which bottom do you want to go with? Also notice that the wing bottoms also transfer to the V stab as well.

Attachments

• DSCN9508k (1).jpg
    DSCN9508k (1).jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 6
  • rcguys_pitts14.jpg
    rcguys_pitts14.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 5
  • sadpitts.jpg
    sadpitts.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 8
Ok Hab, Your call. In looking at reference pics, Ive seen three variances of the bottom of the wings. All have the sunburst on the tops, but which bottom do you want to go with? Also notice that the wing bottoms also transfer to the V stab as well.

I like the 1st pic, diamonds on the bottom of the upper and lower, 3 diamonds on the rudder. Sunburst pattern on the top of both upper and lower wings. "Red Devils" ..... Just sent 2 pics of "Charlie Hillards" "N9J" over for you. ;)

Well, it's not a lot of progress, but it's progress. got the H stab tops done, and the wing bottoms done.

Maj, you got any tips on cleaning up this Pitts logo? It looked good when I brought it into Gimp, but when I shrank it down, she got all pixelated. This is an area that I have never really got a grasp on. I usually end up creating my own printed graphics, but this one might be a little difficult to do.:p

Jeff, where's the settings to get my renders larger than a postage stamp?

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 13
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 10
  • zzz2.jpg
    zzz2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 12
I worked this up for ya. I put it on a green background for easy selection.

Attachments

• PittsLogo.jpg
    PittsLogo.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 6
Maj, you got any tips on cleaning up this Pitts logo? It looked good when I brought it into Gimp, but when I shrank it down, she got all pixelated.
Not sure with mapping in Wings, but with MAX I take just the area with the graphic and map it larger to contain more pixels right where I need them. The rest of the part remains mapped at a lower resolution, so as not to take up too much area on the map. There should be a similar ability in Wings.

Thanks guys. Boof, that one is much better. Still a little blurry, but without remapping, I think it's about as good as it'll get.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
With little time to work on this tonight, Not much progress, but it is progress.

Attachments

• Pitts_S-14.png
    Pitts_S-14.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 20
Back