33% Pitts S-1 Special

A few renders for hab for review.

Is the bottom shot getting close to where you want it? Much more, and Ill have to really rework the fuse, so I thought Id ask before going further.

Attachments

• pitts side.jpg
    pitts side.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Pitts_front.jpg
    Pitts_front.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Pitts_top.jpg
    Pitts_top.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Pitts.jpg
    Pitts.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 21
  • zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 19
A few renders for hab for review.

Is the bottom shot getting close to where you want it? Much more, and Ill have to really rework the fuse, so I thought Id ask before going further.

Man! Nice work Andy! ..... I'll toss you a PM to go over a few things :D

That reminds me - my employee review is today. I sure hope my boss likes my performance. I wonder what things he'll want to go over? I hope we both get a raise, Andy!

Last edited:
Well, I took a break from modeling tonight to try something new. I found a better render engine for Blender and Ive been trying to get things setup and running. This is just a quick and dirty sample of things to come in the future (if I can get the settings right:p). Its still very rough looking, but Im liking what I see already.

Second shot is in the editor view. There is a setting so you can see the rendered object while editing. However, my computer is too slow to use this feature. For every transformation, the window re-renders.

Attachments

• Pitts.jpg
    Pitts.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 21
  • zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 19
Got some more details done. Ive gotta run back through my punch list, but modeling is almost complete.

Hab, let me know what you think about the canopy frame.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 6
  • zzz2.jpg
    zzz2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Pitts2.jpg
    Pitts2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Pitts.jpg
    Pitts.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 11
Got some more details done. Ive gotta run back through my punch list, but modeling is almost complete.

Hab, let me know what you think about the canopy frame.

Wow! Looking good. ;) Canopy framework looks nice. I like the
pushrod exit guides. (Are those DuBro or Hanger 9 pieces? :D) Thats a nice touch. I'm thinking the rods 'n control horns
are a little under size, but I know you mentioned they eat a lot of pollies up.
You gonna do what you had mentioned with the cowl openings?

Looks awesome ! nice job Andy! ...you're getting into this one eh? I've always been partial to the Pitts.

Increasing the horn and rod size is doable. Scaling the size doesn't affect the poly count at all. As for the exit guides, those are courtesy of abaser products:p.

The cowling, well, I haven't really made up my mind yet. I will probably go ahead with my plans, but we'll see.

And I get into all of my models. :D My Blender abilities may just be getting better;)

At Hab, Besides the support wires, Is there any other details you would like to see on this model? After getting a surprise on my poly count today, I went back through things and found several duplicate parts:confused: Seems to happen to me a lot, but I got rid of them and got another surprise. Im a whole lot lower than I expected to be. Red circle shows the tri count at present state.

And I could probably lose another 800-1000 if I really wanted to.

Attachments

• zzz4.jpg
    zzz4.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 26
At Hab, Besides the support wires, Is there any other details you would like to see on this model? After getting a surprise on my poly count today, I went back through things and found several duplicate parts:confused: Seems to happen to me a lot, but I got rid of them and got another surprise. Im a whole lot lower than I expected to be. Red circle shows the tri count at present state.

And I could probably lose another 800-1000 if I really wanted to.

All I can come up with is addressing the cowl openings a little.
Other than that, nothing. You can add flying wires if you'd like, but not nescessary.
Maybe a switch harness / charging jack on the fuse side ?

He he he.........ya, these only take a second to do, and they look so much better. At this stage of the build, why not?:D

A few......non rendered shots;) for Hab.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 14
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 9
  • zzz3.jpg
    zzz3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • zzz4.jpg
    zzz4.jpg