40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

Not much work to show, but I did get the control surfaces cut out and defined. I've had so much going on around here that it seems like I'm not getting anywhere at all on this build. Oh well, it'll get there when it gets there.

Attachments

• hanger_03.jpg
    hanger_03.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 11
It`s looking Fantastic..!!! Andy, I really hope things are getting better on the home front. I sent you a couple of PM`s recently, when you get a chance please take a look and get back to me. I just want to know if what I PM`ed to you makes any sense to you. If not, I`ll see if I can find out more, or get it clarified. Thanks... ;) :) .

I just want to know if what I PM`ed to you makes any sense to you. If not, I`ll see if I can find out more, or get it clarified. Thanks... ;) :) .
Yeah, didn’t make much sense to me really, but when the time comes we’ll get things taken care of.

Made a little progress last night. I ran into an issue while creating the main landing gear. I discovered that when I tried to adjust anything on the fuselage, things would act really weird. I changed the gizmo view to local trying to figure out what was going on and the gizmo was flattened out. after messing with it for over an hour, I finally thought about showing the face normals and they were somehow pointing the wrong direction. I don't know what happened, but without fixing that, nothing would work right. I was just about to throw in the towel when the thought came to mind to reset the x-form. Thankfully, that worked and I was finally able to move on. Long story short, I now have the main gear roughed in. Still work to do yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 03-09-20 at 11.01 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-09-20 at 11.01 PM.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 03-09-20 at 11.04 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-09-20 at 11.04 PM.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • hanger_04.jpg
    hanger_04.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 18
I come to a realization last night about the poly limit. I’ve always wondered just what I could do with that size limit. If you look in the top left of my viewport you’ll see the poly and tri count. That is not the count for the Pitts. That’s the count for my Pitts, Mustang, hanger, 9 flat planes, AND Knight Twister. That being said, let’s see what the next build will bring. :unsure:

Yeah, didn’t make much sense to me really, but when the time comes we’ll get things taken care of.

Made a little progress last night. I ran into an issue while creating the main landing gear. I discovered that when I tried to adjust anything on the fuselage, things would act really weird. I changed the gizmo view to local trying to figure out what was going on and the gizmo was flattened out. after messing with it for over an hour, I finally thought about showing the face normals and they were somehow pointing the wrong direction. I don't know what happened, but without fixing that, nothing would work right. I was just about to throw in the towel when the thought came to mind to reset the x-form. Thankfully, that worked and I was finally able to move on. Long story short, I now have the main gear roughed in. Still work to do yet.
Thanks for getting back to me Andy regarding the PM`s. I had all those lines show up once when doing the PZL, it really freaked me out, wasn`t really sure what to do, figured it out though,....Everything is looking Fantastic. really can`t wait to the CS on it. ??

I come to a realization last night about the poly limit. I’ve always wondered just what I could do with that size limit. If you look in the top left of my viewport you’ll see the poly and tri count. That is not the count for the Pitts. That’s the count for my Pitts, Mustang, hanger, 9 flat planes, AND Knight Twister. That being said, let’s see what the next build will bring. :unsure:
Well, I confess, I don`t know much if anything about tri and poly count amounts/numbers, but those numbers seem pretty low to me for four planes...:confused::confused:

The Mustang and Knight Twister we’re both modeled under the 20k poly limit. The KT is only around 12 but the Mustang is pushing the 20k limit. I’m less Than 10 with the Pitts currently. The other items aren’t bad at all.

Anyone out there know how to and feel like making a custom prop for me? I just don’t know that my interest at the moment would be enough to make me want to learn what it takes right now.

Attachments

• 2F7D34C3-03F5-428F-B451-1874C3D8238C.png
    2F7D34C3-03F5-428F-B451-1874C3D8238C.png
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2E00C2AB-3842-4A72-AA8B-A33CCDAECC63.png
    2E00C2AB-3842-4A72-AA8B-A33CCDAECC63.png
    891.2 KB · Views: 12
Anyone out there know how to and feel like making a custom prop for me? I just don’t know that my interest at the moment would be enough to make me want to learn what it takes right now.
I've often wanted a custom prop but never learned how to make one, so sorry but I can't help.

So, I literally only worked on this for about 20 minutes tonight. All I did was add the connections for the forward flying wires. While doing this, I realized the fuselage needs a lot of work on the bottom. The real world model is much flatter on the bottom than I have it here. So, that's the next step for this build.

Attachments

• rough.jpg
    rough.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 17
So, I literally only worked on this for about 20 minutes tonight. All I did was add the connections for the forward flying wires. While doing this, I realized the fuselage needs a lot of work on the bottom. The real world model is much flatter on the bottom than I have it here. So, that's the next step for this build.
I like the connectors on the wing I started to do some just about like those on my plane but talked myself out of it. Ha.. but good deal they look great on there.

I've done a few custom props and rotor/tail blades but only by copying and editing existing ones. Never did one from scratch.

Back