Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

deathbunny said:
Ahh didnt even realise there was a difference. It looks like "addons" is just the older set of "expansion packs". Unfortunatly I am looking for an Edge 540 and it looks like the only one is in one of the addon sets :( Thanks for clearing up the difference for me though.
Oh man,
You have not discovered the SWAP Pages, plenty of free planes there. Even a few Edge 540's to choose from.

phrank, you forgot to tell him to look to the forums for directions on downloading and installling swap page files. :D

I have found the swap pages and I have downloaded a couple planes from it. The G4 version planes work fine but I get errors when I fly the ones built for 3.5 or older complaining about parts not having aerodynamics associated to it or something along those lines. If the errors dont mean anything that is fine and I will use them but the planes seemed to fly kinda off so I didnt want to learn and practice on something not realistic.

Thanks for the help!

heh ...

jeffpn said:
I was thinking about you when I posted that! ;) :D
Oh, ye of little faith! :D
Hard to imagine I'd hold out just for that? Well, it would SEEM, at least, that KE cares enough to be TRYING to achieve the G4-to-AddOns compatibility. So, hopefully those loyal customers that want our addons are appreciated. Why ELSE would they spend the money to try to resolve the issue? I certainly appreciate it that they care enough to be trying, just because some of us are grousing.

Believe me, I'm also glad that they are working on the issue; I have all 5 addons, and I won't part with them, even having given away my copy of G3. But my original point is that I don't believe there are too many people holding out on G4 only because of the addons situation.

just leaning ...

jeffpn said:
Believe me, I'm also glad that they are working on the issue; I have all 5 addons, and I won't part with them, even having given away my copy of G3. But my original point is that I don't believe there are too many people holding out on G4 only because of the addons situation.
I like to think of it in terms of "leaning on the elephant" ... eventually he will budge.

On 03-04-2008, jbourke said they were almost there...
Maybe they can give a more accurate idea about the timespan. Is almost there 1 month? 2 months?
Also, what will be the fix?

I think a lot of people are still in the dark about these topics...

I was told by LHS that volume 5 would would and when I got home and tried it. Well it didnt and I cant take it back now so I am stuck with it unless there is going to be a fix. I should have looked at these posts first I guess.

mvzuilekom said:
On 03-04-2008, jbourke said they were almost there...
Maybe they can give a more accurate idea about the timespan. Is almost there 1 month? 2 months?
Also, what will be the fix?

I think a lot of people are still in the dark about these topics...

I know speculation is usually wrong, but I bet it works with the update that precedes Expansion Pack 5's release.
-Eric

Obviously yes: no senseful answer from them

Nothing ! Ok so what... isn´t useful anyways !

Last edited:
Try again. I found your answer toward the bottom of the second page. (I think I see why people don't search. :) )I was going to copy the page for you, but it's not appropriate for the forum.

Ryan Douglas said:
Added support for repackaged RealFlight Add-Ons Volumes

Just noticed this in the News and Announcements thread for the new G4 Version release of 4.00.051.....could there possibly be hope for the hold outs (or hold out) now they can purchase G4 possibly!haha

Standing by ...

pplace said:
Just noticed this in the News and Announcements thread for the new G4 Version release of 4.00.051.....could there possibly be hope for the hold outs (or hold out) now they can purchase G4 possibly!haha
I'll take that as a direct shot (and a hit); but please notice that the compatibility issue seems to have been resolved for Add-ons 1 and 2 (if I read correctly?). Guess I'll hang tough until all FIVE of my add-ons work with G4. If it appears I'm in no hurry, that's about right. However, once ALL add-ons are compatible, I'll go get G4 with a big grin. Leaning on the elephant DOES work. It just takes longer with KE. I suspect by the time I do that, all bets are off as to getting any rebates or discounts. Since my latest LiPO batteries are costing me $130 apiece (my tastes in airplanes are growing), that's two more batteries vs a simulator with water. Hmmm. Food for thought. :rolleyes:

C'mon rjmanzuk, the elephant just fell! They also said that 3,4, & 5 will also be released for free when available. I'll give you my personal guarantee that they will do it! Just go buy G4 already!!! :D

Back