Air Tractor Fire Boss

Here is what it looks like with a fresh spawn at Gold County. It is 1/5th scale which makes it a big model. It's turboprop for the cool factor and because it's big.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1306601095.jpg
    ScreenShot1306601095.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 18
pplace said:
Wow excellent start! I've been next to one of these in RL and they are a massive and incredible aircraft.

I like the single seat version as well, glad you went that way.

Attached are some pictures of the cockpit (not a Fire Boss) don't know if they will help you in any way.

Just to show how big it really is in RL.

Attachments

• Conair802F - Copy.JPG
    Conair802F - Copy.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 15
I did see that one online. Pretty cool, but it would be a different version altogether from the fire boss. No promises but maybe. :)

Is this just camera angle or what? It seems as if the wing tips on the circled aircraft are different than the others. Interesting.

Attachments

• Conair802F - Copy.JPG
    Conair802F - Copy.JPG
    370.4 KB · Views: 25
I do believe those are two examples of a different tip. If you use the nav lights at the tips for a frame of reference you'll see they are curled over at the trailing edge, The others just have a rounded tip.

What about the CS? is this still a group project thing ?
no offence to you boof
but should it not fall in to the hands of whomever came in second place in the origanal poll?
or is the whole project thing dead ?..... :confused:

I had no idea it was a group project when it was handed to me. When I started this thread I found that out. I had planned to do this one myself. I didn't know I could be stepping on toes. Sorry.

He may have assumed that I knew but it wasn't mentioned. I guess I will run with it then(feeling guilty) :(

Boof69 said:
He may have assumed that I knew but it wasn't mentioned. I guess I will run with it then(feeling guilty) :(

Don't feel guilty for creating a free model in your spare time.

Simple answer to this:

Did matt / group ask you to "take over this group project"
or
Did you see the Air Tractor Fire Boss and decide "Hey that's an interesting plane, I'd like to model it?" Only then did Matt possibly share some of the group information etc.

I assume it's the second answer, so build your model the way you'd like to build it and don't feel guilty about it.....plus it wasn't getting done before anyway. Already you are off to an excellent start, with great results to follow (like all your other work)

Last edited:
You should never feel guilty about creating what you want.
Do your thing man, everything you've done so far Rocks... :cool:

Wow thanks. Glad to hear you guys like my work.
Actually Matt and I email and PM from time to time, but the model just came up as an offer from Matt. I had just cleared my modeling plate and thought this one looked interesting.

we'll I'm still confused
Since matt asked boof to finish/restart the model
is this still the group project with a new modeler ?
am I still doing the CS ?
and is dhk still doing the physics?

or is it officially dead?

Last edited:
I have no idea. I've the feeling for quite some time that the group project was dead. It's Boof's model now. Maybe some other time we could do a group project. Heck, all of my models are a group effort anyway.

Back