Air Tractor Fire Boss

I just need to know so I know weather or not I can take on something else in the future if asked to
I have already turned down more than one as I thought I needed the time for the project

I'll throw some grease on the fire: Phrank was the #2 votegetter. (Good thing I voted for him instead of me!! ;)) It's time he got off his arse and built us a model!! How about the rest of the community decides what phrank, Doug, and the Maj. build for a group project? Must be an airplane, though. If interest exists, we'll take it to another thread, and let Boof have this one back.

jeffpn said:
I'll throw some grease on the fire: Phrank was the #2 votegetter. (Good thing I voted for him instead of me!! ;)) It's time he got off his arse and built us a model!! How about the rest of the community decides what phrank, Doug, and the Maj. build for a group project? Must be an airplane, though. If interest exists, we'll take it to another thread, and let Boof have this one back.

:D Nu'uh you're not dragging me into this failed mess. :D
You change your own diaper. :p

Ouch!! :eek:

Now I'm gonna have to go back and edit the rules about runners up needing to step up to the plate!!

jeffpn said:
Ouch!! :eek:

Now I'm gonna have to go back and edit the rules about runners up needing to step up to the plate!!

Hey, I lost fair and square, no takes-is-backsies. :D

Sorry Boof. My last unrelated entry. :cool:

The subject of the email was "Group Project".

Boof,

You don't need to make it a group project if you are doing this on your own. I just want to clarify that I did state it was the group project.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I guess I was mistaken Matt. I went back to take a read through the email. I didn't pay attention to the email subject that you aptly named "Group Project" when I first received it. Other than that in the body of the email there was no mention of the group thing. The mention of other interested parties was intended for people it could be passed to if I wasn't interested, and not people involved in the group project.

No biggie. I'm not the best team player I guess. I still feel bad I wasn't able to get moving on it and complete it. Lately I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out on modeling and RC in general--I still have more to model under my contract though. I guess that's why I'm picking up on my new gun hobby now.

I wasn't trying to make you look bad or anything. I just didn't read the title. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding everybody. If no one minds I think I'll still handle this one alone. I'm just mentally committed to this project now. So Maj you are free to take on other projects in the absence of this one.

wing Tips

While you guys go around and around, I d thought I provide some useful information. As Boof69 noticed on the wing tips, the group of planes did display two different types of tips. The older tip is rounder from front to back. The other tip is a newer and preferred one. It is to help the air stay more in control ( smaller vortex ) behind the tips of the wing. I did not read this on any tractor sight but the same tips are used on the Scouts from American champion company. I also talked to a pilot who flew a Citabria and an air tractor while on leave last year. He told me the tips smaller vortex keeps the spray of chemicals in a straight line for a even spray across the spray bar.

I have even see another tip ( Pic 3 )that is rounder along the top edge and all most flat on the bottom and flat on it's side. I believe it is the oldest tip. It's nav light are farther forward. I took these picture in Alabama while talking to the pilots and owners. The guy had some of the biplanes Bob cats as well. I got some nice detail pictures of all the wheels, struts, control surfaces that most people don't take pictures of. If you feel like making that version too.

Attachments

• ATWT01.JPG
    ATWT01.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 21
  • ATWT02.JPG
    ATWT02.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 25
  • ATWT03.JPG
    ATWT03.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 25
I went with example 2. It took allot of tweaking to get the geometry right.

Attachments

• Fire boss2.jpg
    Fire boss2.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Fire boss3.jpg
    Fire boss3.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 32
I jump on the jet for Florida early tomorrow morning. I will be gone for a week and I won't be modeling during that time. So I will be getting as much done as possible today. The floats are fun without a orthographic top view but the photo reference is getting me through. Here's how it's looking today. Poly count is 4,881

Attachments

• floats04reg.jpg
    floats04reg.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 33
  • floats04.jpg
    floats04.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 38
  • floats02.jpg
    floats02.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 35
Well this certainly is a great place to take a break for a week, it really is superb modeling. The floats really added a lot to the "look". Take your week and hopefully all the drama in this thread is "in the past" once you get back to it.

Drama?.......if asking if I am still part of a project that I was supposed to be a part of is drama
then I guess it is....
what I didn't have the right to ask?

I'm hoping I can get most of the connective parts modeled today. I'm taking my time on this one, with the pressure of it being a group build at one time, I want it to turn out nice. Thanks Frank I'm glad you like it so far. :)

Back