Aircraft - Project - List

jeffpn said:
You found this thread. Find the one called "Request Aircraft Here." Provide 3 view drawings, along with weights and measurements of the aircraft and it's components. Modelers are lazy, and they want you to do some of the legwork.

If we are so dang lazy then why do we spend days and sometimes weeks on a plane for other people to enjoy. That seems more like dedication and hardwork to me than lazy.

Jeffpn, please remove your lazy comment. I understand where the meaning was pointed but it has upset several of the modelers.

Jeffpn and thegibson,

Please refrain from the banter, I have asked you both. The next step is a ban for a period of time. I would suggest that you both add each other to your ignore list and move on.

Thanks Chris McVey

thegibson said:
nice attempt at spin
If you don't mind me budging in:

1. jeffpn can be a very helpful guy at times.
2. thegibson is correct when he makes his comments about "speak for yourself" because most modelers are not lazy.
3. jeffpn has made a plenty number of both useless and disregardable posts that are usually just a few words long.
4. thgibson has done so too, however he does this as a reply to what jaff has said.
5. These forums are open to the public, do not make yourselves look like fools when both of you are very talented.

------

Do as Chris said, add each other to the ignore list and move on. These forums are not meant for fights.

------

I think it is a good idea top have a thread like this, since I do, and will over my time, look here for requests.

Neo said:
because most modelers are not lazy.
Chris asked me to delete my comment, which I did, but since you are bringing it back up, let me explain: If you look through my posts, I've said countless times that it takes 50-200 hours to build a good model. Obviously, modelers are not lazy. My point is that it is far to easy for somebody to state the name of a model that they want somebody else to create in their spare time, but the requester won't even lift a finger to help a modeler out. There is no reason that a requester cannot find and post 3-views and specifications of the model, so that the modeler does not have to do it. That thought has been pointed out several times by different modelers. So, by calling the modelers lazy, it's a joke, a form of irony. It's the requester who is lazy if he does nothing but grunt the name of a model and expects somebody else to build it. Maybe it was a bad joke that some people didn't get. If so, I'm sorry. I did not make the comment to offend anybody. I've even seen modelers respond to some requests, stating that they have no idea what the requester is asking for, that they've never heard of the model. In that situation, 3-views and other specs would go a long way to get the attention of a modeler. Regardless of whether the modeler is familiar with a model or not, most modelers start with 3-views. If the requester provides 3-views, it shows a real sincerity in the request. I've seen some modelers say that they won't even consider a request that has no 3-views. Why not provide them? It can't hurt.

Neo said:
I think it is a good idea top have a thread like this, since I do, and will over my time, look here for requests.
This particular thread is actually not for requests. It's for modelers to post current projects, so efforts are not overlapped. Each Designer's Corner has a 'Request Aircraft Here' thread where people make requests.

To jeffpn:

I understand your last comment, however I also understand that a lot of people, still post requests here, so I will check here ounce in a while. What I really mean by this though, is that I do check forum threads, regardless of their names. Even though this thread is a good idea, there are still people who post requests here because they do not read. :mad: It doesn't mean that I will completely ignore them, especially not if they give all three if not more views for the aircraft!

I didn't know it was a joke, my bad, and I will say that. Sorry for that, but it did not come across that way. I understand where you where coming from.

I read your Private Message, and I did respond. I do not want to start off on bad terms here, but to be honest, this is one of the worst welcomes I have gotten from any board. There are a lot of good people, including yourself jeffpn, however, I am not intent to join a board, and post content, where we have fights over who speaks for who!

My intentions where not to get into this fight, so I plan to not stay for long.

To thegibson:

His explanation is not regarding modelers, he is merely stating his reasons for his actions. tnortorn already said this. Also, if you are displeased with the way jeffpn posts in this Forum, please fight, or rather I say, talk this out with him via Private Message. Or better yet, just ignore it!

Hi !

Im working on a Sikorsky S-67 at the moment before i will work on an 600 size electric heli. I can't tell you which heli because the real model isn't out yet ;)

Here is a screenshot about the status of my S-67. Work in progress !

vy3wu9.jpg

maxx

Hi !

Im not finished with my Blackhawk, but started a new Project toady...

U can guess what it is ;)

15o9s79.jpg

Wingspan will be about 4 meters and will have 2 JetCat Turbines i think...

maxx

Hi !

Its flying and its looking like this so far ;) Hope u like it :) I think its OK for the third airplane ?...

Will be able to download soon !

qzronn.jpg

maxx

Last edited:
I guess I should make it official by posting it here, but this is what I am working on right now (and have been for a while), it might never get finished though.

Currently on hiatus in favor of more usable model.

Attachments

• BV-141.jpg
    BV-141.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back