Aircraft - Project - List

Question:should i create textures(in materials in wings 3d) or it's no use to make them as bitmap will cover everything?

You can use Material Color in Wings for anything you choose. When you Map in Wings or some other 3d program like Max, you hide the parts that have Material Color on them.

I've started on the Ultimate 3D EP Profile, I have both wings, the horizontal stab, most of the fuselage and the motor mostly finished.

Attachments

• Wings Tail and Fuse.jpg
    Wings Tail and Fuse.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Per Doug's suggestion I'm posting my WIPs.

1.) The B-58 Hustler
2.) The Sky Crane
3.) Paraglider Matt
4.) Powered-Paraglider Matt (two versions)
6.) E-Flite 4 Site 250 size. -- began yesterday and almost done. I didn't cheat and use 80% of the Ultra Micro 4 Site. I wouldn't think of doing something like that. (I'm lying--don't believe me.)

7.) Secret project #1 --Hint--It's an original Esky Belt CP based off of my very first RC aircraft, the Esky Belt CP. I'm sending my old heli to Dr.Moo as a surprise birthday present. Don't tell Dr. Moo about this one. Shhhhhh. It's still a surprise to Moo that he will be getting both my old real world model and a simulator model.

I have two more projects waiting behind the curtain for me, but I haven't started to model yet. I'm going to make the E-Flite SU-26m Sukhoi 480 and the E-Flite Ascent 450 BL. I have both of these models and love them as much as my T-REX 450 SE V2.

The Sukhoi I'll model will be different to other existing Sukhoi EA's for the fact that I'm plan on building it's plank frame with covering around it. The underside of the Sukhoi's wings will be transparent just as the real model. Since I own this model, I have access to every little bit of it's detail. I'm also planning on constructing a model of my Gaui Hurricane 550 and the Stevens Aeromodel CAP 232 kit I'm SLOOOOOWWWWLLLLYYYYY working on.

I would like to say that is it for now, but it's not. I'm addicted to every aspect of the RC Hobby and every bit of this great simulator. I have more models that I'm actually working on, but I don't need to list. I have more models sitting in my queue like the F-15, but I don't need to go on.

mwilson914 said:
7.) Secret project #1 --Hint--It's an original Esky Belt CP based off of my very first RC aircraft, the Esky Belt CP. I'm sending my old heli to Dr.Moo as a surprise birthday present. Don't tell Dr. Moo about this one. Shhhhhh. It's still a surprise to Moo that he will be getting both my old real world model and a simulator model.

O RLY? btw, I got my net back ;) Owned. :rolleyes:

As for my projects, I'm thinking about making a flying thingama jigger :p More on that later

As my last project consisted of too many poles(flying car with wings from one film)
I started new project - RC Bike :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1274386146.jpg
    ScreenShot1274386146.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ScreenShot1274386150.jpg
    ScreenShot1274386150.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1274386154.jpg
    ScreenShot1274386154.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 25
My new project :)
I hope that there wont be problems with CS

Attachments

• ARC 170.JPG
    ARC 170.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 29
I will be making a hirobo shuttle sceadu evolution 50

It will be fun since I have the helicopter here at my house so I can use these pics.
I will also have 4 different cs's out with it when i'm done

Last edited:
Remember when this thread was for modelers to collaberate with other modelers, and not for requests?

jeffpn said:
Remember when this thread was for modelers to collaberate with other modelers, and not for requests?

...besides the fact there is a T-REX 500 in Expansion Pack 5, and there is a great T-REX 500 EA on the swaps already. Oh well. Can someone maybe create a Dominion .90 for me?

Ok,i wont wait 550.

why do you think so?
550 is more simelary to 600 than to 500.
I also was waiting for T-rex 700 because if you increase scale of 600 it wont be 700.
And where is T-rex 600E then(600E with fuel tank and fuel engine)?
There are a lot of situations like this.

I just was interested in 550(especially due to prices-it would be better to buy 600 - :eek: ).

Well,I got the answer - not.
Ill fly 500/600

as for dominion .90:
dominion 50 then(as avant aurora 90U to 50) ;)

Dima said:
Ok,i wont wait 550.

why do you think so?
550 is more simelary to 600 than to 500.
I also was waiting for T-rex 700 because if you increase scale of 600 it wont be 700.
And where is T-rex 600E then(600E with fuel tank and fuel engine)?
There are a lot of situations like this.

I just was interested in 550(especially due to prices-it would be better to buy 600 - :eek: ).

Well,I got the answer - not.
Ill fly 500/600

as for dominion .90:
dominion 50 then(as avant aurora 90U to 50) ;)

I thought you asked for the T-REX 500. That's my ADD/ADHD for you. LOL. I've never seen a T-REX 550. Am I falling behind the times on this one? I'll be modeling a Gaui Hurricane 550 in the near future. I've got one and I don't have all the cash to complete it yet, so why not model it. Send a link for the T-REX 550 and some pics in the request thread and I'll take a look at it. I'm also in the process of taking pictures of my friends T-REX 700 E conversion, so I might end up modeling that at some point.

http://www.helinews.com.au/index.php?showtopic=567

I'm sure others have seen this concept model/rendering at some point within the last year. I've had this in the back of my mind for a while, but haven't dug up my RCHeliMag issue with the article featuring this creation. I'm going to be working on several projects at the same time because that is the easiest way for me to keep my focus on completing projects. I'm not sure where it fits on the list, but here is what I have right now in the works and soon to be in the works.

1.) SkyCrane (main focus will be on this model)
2.) The Esky Belt CP (It's the only other model in progress right now.)
3.) E-Flite Ascent 450 BL PNP (Starting to setup bounding box)---JeffPN, this is your last chance if you want this one before I start modeling.) :) I'm going to have FUN with this one actually--using a new modeling technique not used yet. :D
4.) Gaui Hurricane 550 Pro (I think this is mine. It's all CF)
5.) E-Flite Sukhoi SU-26m 480 (I want to model it because I own it. I know wingman57 already made it.)
6.) X-36--The real prototype was 19 feet in length with 700lbs of thrust. I'm wanting to model this with only accurate control surfaces and no fudging the physics. That's right up my alley.
7.) Stevens Aeromodel CAP 232. I'm building and covering this kit, so why not have one in the sim too?
8.) Possibly doing the T-REX 550 with a 3G setup.

I'm thinking this concept heli is down far on the list, so if anyone else wants to try their hand at it, let me know so I don't start work on it. I would really like to see max2504 or viennalex make it because I know it would be awesome.

Attachments

• obj13_ProfLow.jpg
    obj13_ProfLow.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 25
  • obj13_FrontRight.jpg
    obj13_FrontRight.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 25
  • obj13_RearUp.jpg
    obj13_RearUp.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 31
Need Help with club logo

I need help in making our club logo (Flying Pilgrims) into a 5.0 or 5.1 airport object that can be used on the runway as a decal and as a vertical sign decal. I make the logo in Coral Draw X4 and can save it into many different file formats. I need to know which file format to save it to if anyone can help me with this problem or tell me how it can be done. Thanks Tim King (tking101)

Funny. Earlier today you were calling for a boycott of sorts of RF.
tking101 said:
At this point I will have to tell everyone in the club not to purchase Expansion Pack 7 or upgrade pass 5.0.0032.
I don't know if it'd work, but make a heightless object in Wings 3D, and save your image as an uncompressed tga. Then use the .tga as your texture file. That should lay on the runway, or up against an existing billboard or something.

Last edited:
Mig-1-44

Do you think one of you guys could make a MIG-1-44? if you can't no big deal if you can hear are some pics that will help alot.

Attachments

• MIG-1-44.jpg
    MIG-1-44.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 17
  • mig1-44.jpg
    mig1-44.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
Back