AT-28D-5

I just finished a few more tweaks to the landing gear (nose and wing) and I think I've done everything I want to do. So now it's time to take a break and start mapping next. Like I said I plan to release a new T-28B and the T-28D so I'll have both versions much more scale this time. But now it's time to play my game and see if I can forget the terrible state our world is in for a while. But I'm not sure if I can do that.

I found one more thing I needed to do before I start mapping. When I created the new wheel wells part of them are in the fuselage so I had to cutout areas on both sides of the fuselage and planned to go back and do any cleanup the fuselage needed after I finished, but forgot too. Normally you can't see that area because the wings cover it up but I thought about it last night so I did it this morning. So now I'm really ready to map.

It seems there's always one more thing to tweak until you start mapping so here's another change I made this morning. It's a change I've wanted to make since I did the plane the first time but for some dumb reason I never did it. When I first made the fuselage I didn't round off the front enough so the nose looked a little square so this morning I went back and rounded it off like I should have the first time.

Here's a "before" and "after" the change picture for you.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 19.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 20.jpg

It seems there's always one more thing to tweak until you start mapping so here's another change I made this morning. It's a change I've wanted to make since I did the plane the first time but for some dumb reason I never did it. When I first made the fuselage I didn't round off the front enough so the nose looked a little square so this morning I went back and rounded it off like I should have the first time.

Here's a "before" and "after" the change picture for you.

View attachment 128212View attachment 128213
technoid you have the AT-28D-5 looking excellent

Well I tried adding the brakes (disc and calipers) but have mixed results. When you look at them "without" springy gear they look like you want them too but "with" springy gear they look pretty odd because the wheel separates from the gear when the plane is flying so I don't know if I want to use them. Here's two pictures, the first is "without" springy gear so they look right and the second is "with" springy gear so the brakes (disc and calipers) stay with the gear but the tire is below at the extent of it's travel. You are forced to attach the brakes to the gear because if you attach them to the wheel they "spin" with the wheel. So what do you think? The problem is most people would probably think I messed them up if they freeze the plane in the air to look at it close by moving the camera around and I don't like that, since it's RealFlight that causes that.. not me. And they're really hard to see in the editor so they won't be missed much if I leave them off. But I wanted you to see that I made the effort.

AT-28D-5 Nomad 21s.jpgAT-28D-5 Nomad 22s.jpg

Wow what an effort for scale realism ...
Springy Gear in RF is strange ... the wheel goes up and down above and below the axle center line, the strut doesn't move. Just using it normally looks' weird if you look that close. Yes it's an RF dilemma, maybe they will fix it in RF 10. Anyone heard if HH has any vision other than sales figures ???

using pivot frames the brakes and axles can move with the wheels. I posted a quick video of what it looks like.

Yes we talked about that but that method doesn't work with RF-X and I still fly both so I wanted a simple solution like maybe a NUP value that would tell RF "not" to spin a part attached to the wheel. Your method is very cool but it breaks my brain so I stay with the simple stuff. :)

Awesome, looks perfect, I will give it a try and see if I can get it to work.
Do you have a model with the working pivot frames, could you share the airliner in the video.

I do

the EA is from the video

the image is the pivot for the spring part. the name is not important

and the zip has a .blend, and two fbx files 9u.fbx is binary------ 9.fbx is ascii

Attachments

• Boeing 737-800 v9_EA.RFX
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 2022-03-11 15_46_47-Window.jpg
    2022-03-11 15_46_47-Window.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 737-800.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 737-800.zip
    5 MB · Views: 6
I do

the EA is from the video

the image is the pivot for the spring part. the name is not important

and the zip has a .blend, and two fbx files 9u.fbx is binary------ 9.fbx is ascii
Thanks for sharing that I grabbed it and will check it out. It's too bad it doesn't work in RF-X. Does RF-X throw an error or warning or just not use it and not render what's attached to it.

Mr. legoman sir ... you have many tricks up your sleeve , were you or are you a magician .
Thanks for sharing that info, Since I do not construct models, I don't have a clue what your talking about, but my attention rises, when the talk turns to nups.
Everyone that constructs RF models benefits from the sharing on this forum ... thanks to all !!!

Back